Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

manual conversion tunning

elmo_90

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon
hi every one i have just changed my vr to a manual check engine light is on and problem with low idle can any one help me tryed switch memcal and still no luck i need help

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
iif using the auto ecu it cant see the signal from the VSS (speed sensor) makes them stall a bit and drink the fuel bad error codes will be shift solinoids etc all the trans codes.you can repin the ecu plug to a vn ecu if you cant find a vr manual ecu which are getting hard to find and it will help with the idle etc its relativly easy but not a job for the faint at heart few wires need adding for extra earths and power but it is relativly easy

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
I have the same issues as you OP. If you're using a performance chip and it's stalling at idle you can help that by having the timing changed back at idle.

Can't you change the pin from C5 to D2? Are the VR computers plug-and-play with the VS auto loom?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the vr and vs are a bit different pin wise for swapping c5 to d2 as the vr auto doesnt have the manual vss feed in them.it requires a full repin of the plugs to suit the new ecu VS would be even worse to do but doable for sure would have to add MAP sensor and join all the injector wires so they fire at once

njb1988

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt2 ls1 6spd
I only did my convo a few months ago (auto to manual) and i just rigged the speed sensor to work but i have had no problems with the idle or excess fuel usage. Is it really necisary to change the computer??? and if i did would it be plug and play or would the whole loom need to change also????