Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

manual conversion - VL

sully

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL executive
hey does anyone know how much a conversion to manual in a VL would cost? or where a good spot in VIC would be to do it? someone i know said bout $1500... but i dunno.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
You should be able to pick up all the parts you need for around 800 dollars. Labours going to be around 400 unless you can do it yourself or know somebody that can do it cheaper for you.

Definately not 1500 though..

seventh path

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VL RB30 Berlina
i converted mine to a manual myself.....picked up the conversion kit for $1100(bit pricey but i know the guys and they were good quality parts)it's easy enough to do yourself as long as you have the facilities-e.g. a set of safety stands and a jack....and a set of tools....if you want i can do it for you....i'm a mechanic by trade...

sully

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL executive
hey wow i never thought it would be that cheap, hey seventh path you live anywhere in the eastern suburbs of melbourne? i think we might have to talk... would you be able to get the parts or would i have to find them?

if you just send replies to [email protected] itll be a lot easier cause i dont check this site more than once or twice a week...