Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual Conversion VP V6,Question About the Clutch Fork Cover (need quick replies)

xtreme_sony

MY VP IS NOW A MANUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Series 2, 3.8L Executive
Yer hi guys i'm doing the conversion on my V6 VP, i dont have a clutch fork cover and i was just wondering if it's ok to drive with out it. Im in the process of ordering it. I found an aftermarket one for $30 + Post. So it will have one but not straight away, Is this OK ?. Thanks. :bow:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
it will be fine the chances of a stone or anything getting in there is pretty slim

xtreme_sony

MY VP IS NOW A MANUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers Mate, yer should only be about a week if that of driving before it's on

it will be fine the chances of a stone or anything getting in there is pretty slim

Cheers Mate, yer should only be about a week, if that, of driving before it's on. Cheers :bow:

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Cheers Mate, yer should only be about a week, if that, of driving before it's on. Cheers :bow:

I didn't have one on for like a month and I drove down a dirt road a few times and did a few long highway trips before I finally got one, chances are nothing will get in there.

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
I don't have one either, it's been a couple of months. Where did you order yours from mate? I'd be keen to get one just on the off chance something goes in there.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
I don't have one either, it's been a couple of months. Where did you order yours from mate? I'd be keen to get one just on the off chance something goes in there.

I was lucky to find one from a wreckers, but I to would also like to know where to order it aftermarket...

xtreme_sony

MY VP IS NOW A MANUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
This is the website you need

https://www.americanautos.com.au just search on that site for T5 clutch fork cover. Then just give them a call to make sure they can get them in for you and they will do the rest.

xtreme_sony

MY VP IS NOW A MANUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
This is the website you need

I was lucky to find one from a wreckers, but I to would also like to know where to order it aftermarket...

https://www.americanautos.com.au just search on that site for T5 clutch fork cover. Then just give them a call to make sure they can get them in for you and they will do the rest.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
You wanna be careful, although the odds are slim, it would only take one small stone to get in there and cause very expensie damage....

......your car, your call, the gap is small, but still manageable, water is another thing to consider.

aZk.