Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual conversion

frankenstein

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x 97vts and 2000 wh
Hey guys done a few manual conversions my self but never a vt

its a vt v6 commodore s
need to know if its as simple as a vn where you need

tail shaft
box
pedals
hydraulic lines
trick the neutral starter switch etc
and wire reverse lights

looking into it as my auto box is getting a bit sloppy and decided to slip when i gave it **** tonight and im not a fan of auto

Don't mean to sound like a #### but please dont say its cheaper to buy a manual one as i want to keep mine and its really not that hard of a conversion just checking what i need with the vt

vex

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s2
I did it to a VX (relativley similar) and from what i understand its alot easier to do to earlier models (VN,P,R Etc.). For a start there needs to be a new loom put through the engine bay and a new ecu. In saying that you dont need to "trick neutral starter switch" or wire reverse lights.
It ended up costing me alot of pineapples due to the fact i used vy running gear/looms/computer so dont make that same mistake, make sure your gear is suited for your car. In saying this be prepared for $3K (installed by someone else, and less by yourself) the conversions are going at a good rate on ebay at the moment, im jealous, im lookin $3200 for t56 conversion alone whereas youll be around the 13-1600 mark.
In saying this i really enjoyed the after product. it just a pain in the ass while it happening.

frankenstein

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x 97vts and 2000 wh
thanks mate yea ill be doing the labour my self i reckon if i can get a manual wreck i can get it done for under 1000