Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual convertion.

Robbo1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Holden VS s pak series 3
i was wondering what everyones thoughts are, i have a 99 vs ute and am considering getting a manual convertion (im getting too bored of the auto). what manual transmission can i actually switch too and a few comments on what those transmission are like would be much appreciated and finally if anyone can give me a ball park figure of what the cost are going to be from start to finish. I am not doing the work myself so please including labour exstimates. Appreciate it guys. if all goes well and i deside to get the converstion i am going to start a new thread so everyone can follow along with the journey of my car. Cheers

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14

Robbo1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the link mate, It's not that i dont want to do the work myself because i personally think that it would be awesome, but i lack the knowledge and experience to do it and i would HATE to butcher such a nice car.

adam10_1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S2 Ute Manual
Thanks for the link mate, It's not that i dont want to do the work myself because i personally think that it would be awesome, but i lack the knowledge and experience to do it and i would HATE to butcher such a nice car.

Why not search around here for someone that has done it close to you to help out? Maybe offer a carton of beer or something.

Thats what i did with my old skyline that i had,

Robbo1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah i might have to do something like that actually because it's something which would be benefical to learn. Cheers mate