Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

!manual extractors on automatic??

slappedvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
hey guys
i gota automatic vr v6 and was looking at buying some extractors. my mates selling them but the only thing is there off a manual vr. our cars are exactly the same except his is manual. does this make any difference?
cheers jordan

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
hw y pipe is different auto are shaped to go arounsd the gearbox oil pan. They most likely wont fit your car

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
I recently bought a VN manual that came with Genie extractors in the boot

They look exactly like Auto extractors, as i used to have a VP auto that i fitted the same style headers to, and these genies bolted up to the manual VN with minor mods. Small grinding to the bellhousing lip.

Therefore... i believe you may have a chance mate.

Also to add... the Y pipe of theses genies i just fitted cross over the trans in exactly the same spot as the stock Y pipe

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The Y pipe is the same, it is the RH header that is the difference. Some fit, some don't. I have just fitted a set of auto Pacemaker extractors to a manual, and they definitely fit. I only had to get a lever in between one of the primary pipes and the bell housing to create a bit of room or they would have vibrated.

Nanks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
yeah i just got extractors from a vr v6 manual and put them on my vr v6 auto, it can be a bit hard to put em in, but they definitely do fit