Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual lock doesn't work

velo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SS - Black Edition
Hey Guys.
I went to unlock my car manually for the first time with the key today via the drivers side door and the key turns 90 degrees each way but nothing happens, cant hear any clicking noises or anything. I was just wondering if anyone knew what the issue could be ? Central locking works fine, but if I end up with a flat battery one day I could be in a fair bit of trouble not being able to unlock my car.
Thanks.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
Last edited:

velo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for those links, very helpful. I might take a look on the weekend and see if one of those rods at the back have slipped out, hopefully that's all it is.

velo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I decided to have a look tonight and have fixed the problem, the metal rod that goes from the lock mech to the actuator had actually slipped out of the lock mech itself (not the actuator end). Was a real pain to get the rod back through the hole but I got it in the end and my manual lock now works fine. It also explains the bad rattling noise that was coming from the drivers door aswell.
Thanks for your help MYVESSV8.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
no probs velo thats what these forums are for, the more info to help everyone