Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual or Auto License

Do you have a Manual or Auto License

• Manual License

Votes: 177 75.6%
  • Auto License

Votes: 50 21.4%
  • No License

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
my1stVL said:
well in sa it doesnt matter lol i learnt in a auto and a manual we only have 2 manuals out of like 6 vehicles and they where work cars a 4wd and a truck so i learnt in the 4wd

hehe yeah in SA a license is a license...you learn in an auto and you can drive anything you like. Theres no auto or manual licesnes here :yeah:

But I learnt in manuals cause thats all the family had, but did log book in an auto wrx to get my license.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Manual, only had autos around the house when learning so we rented a car for a while, then I purchased before I had my licence so I learnt in the vl, was interesting to say the least.

Love manuals, auto's bore me. unless I want to use both hands for something, talking on the phone while eating breakfast or something.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
I've got a manual licence. But I'm happy with my auto car coz I'm laaaaaaaaazy.........

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
i got an auto license, but i drive a manual ute at work, & truck sometimes

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
you ain't driven a manuel untill you don't use the clutch

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Well I learnt auto, have only driven auto... would've learnt manual but couldn't fit in dads lancer to drive it, so the auto prado it was. In Brisbane I had an auto only license, but in SA they don't specify auto or manual, so i dunno how it works for this poll :p

GLD-086

Reaction score
Shounak said:
The hardest part of driving a manual was hillstarts and mastery of the clutch. After a day or two of driving a manual about, you learn all that..

Yeah hillstarts were a bitch for me.

Now I don't even use a handbrake, on some hillstarts and no riding the clutch either.

Spike79

Just Confused!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6, VP Berlina LX, Citroen C3
I've got a manual license but i've never owned a manual.

A friend of mine got an auto license in the A.C.T. When they moved to queensland and got their license changed over, they filled out the form wrong. QLD transport didn't notice it was an auto license. They ended up with a manual license even though they'd never driven a manual once.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
well as stated b4 in SA u dont have a auto or manual licence, there joined. but i wanted to learn manual as i need to know how to for my job (panel beater) and then i got my first car which was a manual, wrote that off and soon got bored of the auto and swaped it to a manual :D

fentos

Reaction score
I was under the impression that in NSW, if you do your P1 testing in an automatic, while on your P1 license you can only drive automatics. But when you get your P2 license, you can drive auto or manual. I also believe that if you have a fully licensed driver with you, you can drive auto/man no matter what. This is correct? Yes?