Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual pedals

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Ok. Thanks for that. Do I sell it off and find another one or can I use this in my VK at all? Damn I am annoyed. :bang:

Can I ask what manual you scanned? Looks like I haven't got that one.

Cheers,
Craig :thumbsup:

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
You can use a 6 cylinder one, but it will feel a bit funny in pedal pressure. Its up to you if you want to sell it.
The manual i took the pics of is the Holden parts catalogue VB-VK. Its very thick!.

BnSuter

Meow Meow F**kin' wow
Reaction score
Victoria, I'm from the country an I like it that w
Members Ride
VS S2 S pack ute
Hey SL/ENUT you sound like you know abit about these Vk manual set ups. just wondering if you could help me out i've got a VK calais with a HDT kit on it. It's all origenal i'm the second owner, preveously owned by another member of the family, with only a touch over 180,000k's on the clock. To the point just this last week I have been thinking of changing it to a manual. I can get my hands on a VK berlina with the same efi 202 motor. But today i was speaking to someone and they told me to be careful that the two bodys aren't diffrent meaning that my VK calais might have a bigger hul cut out to fit the auto is this true.....

Thanks for you help

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
I know the VL trans tunnel is different, but the VKs use the same floor plan as the VB-VK. The only real difference in the VK Calais and VK Berlina is the electrics, thats it.
So no its not true, they both use the same trans hul

BnSuter

Meow Meow F**kin' wow
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 S pack ute
What electrics are diffrent, I know i will have to bridge the inhibrator switch. Is the speedo cable driven or electric. Sorry i'm a diesel mechanic by trade and don't realy get turned on by working on cars.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
The speedo cables are both driven. AFAIK, the only electric difference is the dash in the Calais is electronic and the cruise control output on the unit has a transducer that converters the mechanical signal of it spinning into an electronic signal for the dash speedo, instead of using a cable to the dash for the speedo.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
You can use a 6 cylinder one, but it will feel a bit funny in pedal pressure. Its up to you if you want to sell it.
The manual i took the pics of is the Holden parts catalogue VB-VK. Its very thick!.

Will the pedals I have mount up without problem over the ones I currently have in my auto? Are the bolt holes the same or will I need to make holes? When you say funny, are you talking about the clutch or the brake pedal? What is the actual difference between the 6 and V8 apart from the extra length in where the clutch cable mounts?

Cheers.

BnSuter

Meow Meow F**kin' wow
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 S pack ute
This is a loop hole i am faceing i've only read tonight about the calais having cruise control and electric dash. I brought it off my auntie and she was the first owner of it, theres no books in the car but it has calais badges. I'll look into how to determine what it is. Its got the dash that still reads in vaccum pressure on them ugly square gauges

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Will the pedals I have mount up without problem over the ones I currently have in my auto? Are the bolt holes the same or will I need to make holes? When you say funny, are you talking about the clutch or the brake pedal? What is the actual difference between the 6 and V8 apart from the extra length in where the clutch cable mounts?

Cheers.
Yep the bolts are the same, so they will bolt in, no worries.
What i mean about funny pedal preassue is the clutch pedal. It will feel like the clutch is a very heavy. I think the clutch spring is a little more tighter something to do with the spring back action.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Thanks. :thumbsup:

Would you happen to have a diagram of where the pedal assembly meets the brake booster and clutch?