Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual shifter knob replacement Vy

Stainzy02

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Storm ute V6 3.8lr
OK so I'm looking to replace my shifter knob on my manual v6. because after I had a local mechanic shop install the short shifter they rooted the factory knob. The factory plastic shaft sleeve is broken but don't know if the shop did it or not. Or if it will matter. They just sikaflexed it back on and gave it to me so naturally the knob blew off after a good skid. How can I fix this without gluing something on. I don't mind purchasing a quality shifter knob as long as it will attach to the thread less short shaft. Ideas before i bust out the JBweld?
20211011_190738.jpg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs statesman 304
OK so I'm looking to replace my shifter knob on my manual v6. because after I had a local mechanic shop install the short shifter they rooted the factory knob. The factory plastic shaft sleeve is broken but don't know if the shop did it or not. Or if it will matter. They just sikaflexed it back on and gave it to me so naturally the knob blew off after a good skid. How can I fix this without gluing something on. I don't mind purchasing a quality shifter knob as long as it will attach to the thread less short shaft. Ideas before i bust out the JBweld?View attachment 228031
Had the same thing in my vx, just buy another off ebay or go oldschool with a tap and die set .