Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] manual steering rack

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
hey guys im just wondering if anyone knows or has done has put a manual steering rack into a vs commodore at all. i got a vl steering rack that ive been told will fit and the bit from the collum to the rack just wondering how to go about tackling this. the belt side of thing is sorted out just need to work out this rack and steering shaft situation. i think that people that use the vs for racing around the curcuit would put manual steering in them just cant find any into on it

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
the VS has a wider track so you will need to change the rack ends to suit the VS track width. as you already know, you will need to change the intermediate shaft, however i also can't remember exactly which one you need.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
you need the VL intermediate shaft, and also need to modify it a little bit for some extra adjustment

p_schrapel

soon to be big turbo
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
thanks guys just wondering if anyone knows if a vk steering shaft with fit a vl rack by any chance. thanks