Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual to auto Conversion querie/problem

Gus The Snail

Born to be dizlegzic
Reaction score
ipswich - on the right side of the tracks
Members Ride
VS ute S2 1996
Have just taken into possession a 95 VS acclaim sedan. It was manual ( still have the manual pedal set in it ) , and now has an auto. The previous owner said the box was stuffed and didnt have 2-3 or 4th gear , only 1st and reverse. What im asking is , is it possible that the box is ok , and its a computer/wiring issue causing it to not go into the other gears?

any help , links etc to get this issue sorted before i start ripping the car apart would be greatly appreciated.

And another thing , if i was to put it back to manual , would it increase the value of the car.. like would i be able to get more than $3000 for it as a manual , with 16" VT "S" pack rims and lowered suspension with a roadworthy , but no rego?

Cheers
Lok

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
it would increase the value but not by much i would say. I paid a fair bit extra for my manual wagon over the price of alot of the auto's, but i just couldnt be fugged doing a manual conversion on the auto's so i paid the price. Depends on wether you have lazy people like me looking for a manual.
Theres a howto in the howto section for vr's, most of it will apply and the concepts of the small wiring mods will apply so see what you think, its a fairly big job. You will need to get Doctor bob or somone to do some re-programming on your vs ecu aswell.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Manuals are generally worth more in the older commos cos they are rare...

The VR conversion guide will cover most of it bar the hydrolics for the clutch as the T5 is a cable operated box and the VS getrag is not.

Bah, just convert it. The auto sounds shagged anyway....

aZk.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
remeber seires one vs were t5 possible it was an a t5 originally itd be easy 3 grand for a manual vs is fairly possible

Amped

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk wags & Vl berlina
theres a good chance they havent done the cpu

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon

Gus The Snail

Born to be dizlegzic
Reaction score
ipswich - on the right side of the tracks
Members Ride
VS ute S2 1996
is there a number or code on the computer to tell auto from manual? so i can look at it and know if its been swapped or not

Cheers

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
16199728 or 16210672 or 16208257 which one do you have 16199728 can be auto or manual with a memcal swap