Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual Vs

D

dale-

Hey guys, I'm buying a VS in the next few months and am desperate for a manual, as auto's bore me to drive. Anyone have any ideas where they can be found or if I should just give up looking?

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Your right, they're pretty rare The few manual V6 VS's I've seen have been conversion's. You could save money and settle for an Exec VS, that way you might have the money left over for a T5 conversion or at least have a start towards it. You are looking at about $2000 for the conversion- give or take a couple of hundred dollars. I recently had the choice between either selling my 5 Speed VN Exec or selling my auto VP Calais. I sold the Calais I'd rather the lighter VN, with the live axle rear and 5 speed over the luxuries anyday.

Jake.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
My car is a factory manual v6 vr which I thought was not that common.I had to look hard to find it but one day I stopped at a carpark and parked right beside me was another manual a v6 vs..so they are out there, just keep looking.

D

dale-

$2000, that's nasty! I guess I'll just keep looking.

I saw one in my work carpark a few days ago.. Black, lowered and manual and I almost blew. I wanted to wait and make the guy an offer for it but I got called in and when I came back out he was gone

Sad story right there.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe it was just me that couldnt find one when I wanted one.Looked and rang around Brisbane for a good week to no avail. I honestly have never seen a factory manual VS V6. If I spent more time in Brisvega's I might see a few.

Jake.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
As an after-thought.

Your actually onto something Dale, just keep looking out for them on the street then approach the owners and ask if they wanna sell Happens with VL Calais Turbo's everyday.

Jake.

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
hey
i was lucky to find a manual vr series 2 back in september
for ages i was looking around for a manual
then one day i decided to have a look in the sunday times
and there one was
phoned up, went around had a look, the next day i got it