Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Map & Firmware Updates For Holden IQ?

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Received a reply back from Holden Customer care this morning.

We write in reference to your recent e-mail correspondence received at Holden Customer Care regarding the map updates of the Holden IQ system.

We thank you for writing to us and we are sorry to hear of the confusion you have experienced during this matter.

Holden are always working on our IQ system and the maps involved which means there will be a map update sometime in the future.

However we do wish to advise we can not give an estimated time for when this update will become available and it is important you stay in contact with your dealership as they will be the first to know when an update will be available.

Should you wish to discuss matters further, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1800 033 349, quoting the above mentioned reference number.

Kind Regards,
Christopher Stringer
Holden Customer Care

No joy yet then!!!

So in short we've got no idea but our dealers will know before us ??????????????? "There will be a map update sometime in the future" Very helpful Holden.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
I think its just standard for Holden customer care to palm you off onto the dealers

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
I think its just standard for Holden customer care to palm you off onto the dealers

Agreed. And then tell the dealers nothing.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Holden customer service now saying January for the IQ map update. At least dealing with Holden teaches you patience.

Bengy1977

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hi guys,

Ive been following this thread for a while since I had trouble with my Omega. The Bluetooth would drop out while it was connected to my Google Nexus 4 phone. Kinda crap since Bluetooth should just work consistenly all the time. Anyway I took my ride to Holden in hillcrest and they update the IQ system. No maps or anything. It didnt fix the problem which is a bummer. But they did leave the USB key in there with the update file on it. It cost me $132 to do the update. Its a small file and if any of your know how to get into the settings you could probably do it yourself. Any of you know how to get in to the settings?

Cheers for now

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
We are talking about the GPS map updates not the actual IQ updates (which has to be done at your local dealership) the map updates are an SD card which you can buy from eBay for cheap or from the Holden dealership if you have more money then brains

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, LH Torana / LSA / VE E3 HSV interior
the map updates are an SD card which you can buy from eBay for cheap or from the Holden dealership if you have more money then brains

statements like this make me laugh....... I have had 4 people call me regarding map updates because the "cheap" eBay maps didn't work in their IQ..... so maybe they don't have "Brains" because they bought crap and wasted their money...

as for the USB stick that the other guy said he has... you still need tis2web access and tech 2 or mdi to update the system so with what you have its no good and it will also be relevant to your car (being an omega) which has different updates compared to the models that have cd storage etc...

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
I've bought a few IQ map updates off eBay and never had a problem with any of them, I've even transferred them to other car with no problem

doubledip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, LH Torana / LSA / VE E3 HSV interior
well maybe you can help all the others that want updates... but I wouldn't be posting up on websites that you have copied them as that is a copyright infringement which I am sure Holden and the suppliers wouldn't like to read about -

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
Never said I copied them.