Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Marinising a 304

Discussion in 'V8 Development and Modification' started by VK SL 3800, Feb 24, 2018.

1. VK SL 3800

VK SL 3800 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VK SL 5spd
    Mounted the thermostat housing above the dog clutch, its a pretty busy looking thing. Ran it for a while and it seems to be working.

IMG_20180806_171229.jpg

EYY likes this.
  2. EYY

EYY Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VS Statesman
    Looks good. Be careful with big bends immediately before/after the maf as it creates a high velocity (short turn) and low velocity area along the outter wall. Messes with the way the MAF reads as I've found. if you can put a bit of straight pipe between that bend and the MAF you're probably best off.

But if it runs well, no need to worry about it! On that note, do you still have the airbox? If so I may be interested in purchasing it from you if you want to sell it.

3. VK SL 3800

VK SL 3800 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VK SL 5spd
    Ill see if there is room to extend the intake when i get the cover on, still up in the air whether to put a filter on or not as well. Lots of boats i looked at didnt have one and the MAF has a screen thatll catch anything big enough to do damage.

As for air filter lid ill have to go have a look at the ute, not sure if its there or been lost, you can have it if its there.
    They were unique to the VSIII roller cam utes from memory.