Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mark Webber

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
good to see mark webber has finally finished a race in style

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Yep that he did. Concider the cars broke every time they took them out in practice.

It looks like they have a very fast car this year and when Marks leg recovers in full he may even get a win.

Where is superman Lewie now.........

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
in style?
hahaha the other cars all crashed out from the rain
but go mark ya have to get a win sooner or later

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
in style?

Only have to look a crasho Nicko. There is a few drivers that will get the flick before years end.

Lots of driver's dont make it as far as Mark Webber has.:thumbsup:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
red bull have a good car this year. there designer been around for a while now and is good at his job. good engine also. webber did a fair job, qualified well, ran well in the race. Brawn didn't have a answer or toyota. all the other teams are now playing catchup with the rear diffuser ruling (which suprised me) and that includes the champ lewie who's also just lost his golden boy shine:yeah:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
red bull have a good car this year. there designer been around for a while now and is good at his job. good engine also. webber did a fair job, qualified well, ran well in the race. Brawn didn't have a answer or toyota. all the other teams are now playing catchup with the rear diffuser ruling (which suprised me) and that includes the champ lewie who's also just lost his golden boy shine:yeah:

Also looks like KERS may just vanish soon too.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Also looks like KERS may just vanish soon too.

na, i think KERS will stay, it's part of the whole "greenie' image that bernie is into (when he's not doing his other more kinky stuff:p )

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
he only got 2nd coa everyone else crashd out or lost it...he has been in the game for 8 years now, and before commin 2nd his best place was 3rd and that was because nearly everyone pulld out of the race...(i think it was a while ago) and everything he brakes seems to be someones elses fault..and didnt he critisize(spellin) the v8 drivers this year at melbourne grand prix? i just dont like the guy

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
he only got 2nd coa everyone else crashd out or lost it...he has been in the game for 8 years now, and before commin 2nd his best place was 3rd and that was because nearly everyone pulld out of the race...(i think it was a while ago) and everything he brakes seems to be someones elses fault..and didnt he critisize(spellin) the v8 drivers this year at melbourne grand prix? i just dont like the guy

Too bad you dont like him.... He is the only Aussie good enough to race formula one cars at the moment with the backing to go withit.

Cameron McConvilles brief spin a in an F1 car last year confirmed NONE of the current V8 drivers would even come close to getting a gig. NONE.

Maybe Ryan Briscoe in CART - maybe.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
in style?

Im pretty sure i watched the whole race did either of you 2 aswell ?

From what i saw only 3 people failed to finish, one was massa when his car broke another sutil when he aquaplaned corrected (good effort by the way) and then it gripped and spat him into the wall and i think the other was trulli I cant remember

Anyway mark Webber did an excellant job in tough conditions to finish 2nd he never spun out and only time he went off road was when he also auqaplaned. Yet he recovered and overtook button in a nice move round the outside.
I also saw 3 world champions (hamilton numerous times) spin out and finish nowhere near the front funny that considering everyone says webber's a **** driver. What about those world champs? geez they must be real **** to not even come close
The answer is, its all about your car, get a good car and you can win. This year raiikkanin, hamilton and massa (unlucky not to be the world champ) all have **** cars at the moment and are nowhere near the front yet these 3 are rated as the top f1 drivers. Alonso with his new diffuser seems to have good pace in that so thats why hes qualifying up front his lastest stint with renault hasnt been good for him due to having a non competitive car and is the ONLY reason why he is not winning races.

All the drivers in F1 are very good, put in the same car i think theyd all be within tenths of eaxh others lap times. Hell you even got a 3 or 4 time indy champion a in borduex (sp?) and hes in the back markers yet in a good indy car he was leagues ahead of any other driver.

As much as i love F1 its just like any other motorsport, get the best car and best setup and you can win.

As for Webber he has finally got a car that CAN win races this is a first for him. In 8 years he has been with some of the worst teams in f1. Untill he got his gig with redbull. He has had some of the worst luck with cars breaking because he pushes them hard to be competitive and yet its his fault when they break? or its his fault when he gets taken out on the first corner? because his car is too slow and leaves him stuck in the middle of the feild.

Now he qualifies up the front 3rd and not far off 1st .3 of a sec or so. He can get a clean start and avoid all the incidents in midfeild and drives a nice clean race to get 2nd. Yet people still think hes **** he was over 45 secs in front of button who has won the 1st 2 races of the season.

I think it unaustralian not to support the only aussie since alan jones to break into F1 yet most people seem to dislike him or bag him out for being a **** driver. F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport off the back straight in china they braking from over 240mph to 60mph in less than 2 seconds pulling 5.5g's most v8 supercar driver would pass out with that sort of g force on the body. I think hes a bloody good driver just to make it into f1

Last edited: