Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mark's orange red dirt cruiser - SV6 SIDI ute

Marko_SJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 utility
A thread for my ute, mainly to get my post count off zero :rofl2:

I got a Holden ute because lots of people in my family have had utes, and they all say they were good cars. My grand parents had one for a bit, my grandad's brothers fixed em up a bit and modded slightly when they had a panel shop, as well as other Holdens. My grandpa on my mums side had an FJ ute (reckons he got it bogged near Ayers Rock / Uluru trying to get there)

I've owned this car since new, and it has been completely reliable, haven't even killed a battery in nearly 4 years :hmmm:. I had my first problem the other day, did a headlamp.

It gets used for daily duties at work, dumping rubbish, towing boats and carrying motorbikes. There was a stage there two or so years ago that I wanted to start modding. Instead I bought a 4x4 as a second car to get my fix (thinking it would be cheaper - LOL what a tool!). Plans are to keep it for the long term and leave it standard as even if I spend a mint -which I don't have ATM- it will never be fast.

The thread title is a bit of a joke, but she does go off the beaten track a bit unfortunately, but way less now I have a fourby.

Model: November 09 built VE SV6 ute
Colour: "Wildfire"
Engine Type: 3.6L DI v6
Engine Mods: Stock, none planned
Bodykit: Stock SV6, none planned
Gearbox: 6 spd manual
Km : 55000 or so

To do list:

Tint
Extend tailpipes as I have redback mufflers
Sportsbar and/or ladder rack
Box for tools/storage

Wish list: because dreams are free and cars mods are not: In a few years, when VE's and wrecks become cheaper I would like to buy a wrecked SS LS2 or something with an LS3 and transfer as much stuff over myself and then pay some someone smart to wire it in and make it work.

Better brakes would be nice too

I'd also like to lower it, but would not get away with it, as stock ride height is barely enough sometimes :(

Then this car would be perfect, but can't bring myself to trade it in or sell (nearly did on an SS sedan).

Had a day off today, took a few pics out at East Point and will post em up tomorrow (Camera uses MS-Pro, laptop uses SD card. Damn IT...)

Mark

Marko_SJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 utility
Pics:

DSC05795_zps67e0de6b.jpg

DSC05788_zpsf60d7c2d.jpg

see the dent? :(

DSC05787_zps24e84a05.jpg

Gun turret at East Point, you can't see my too short tailpipes
DSC05782_zpsfe3874f9.jpg

Marko_SJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 utility
Moar pics:

Paint pic, this paint always seems to look good. When I was in Goolwa SA some bloke got my paint code off me because he thought it was 'trippy man' how it went from brown to yellow going from the dark to under the fluros at the servo

DSC05794_zps5cccddf6.jpg

This pic sucks, but I'm thinking of just using exhaust pipe to get the tail pipes out and not using stainless tips

DSC05793_zpsf87e4626.jpg

Falkens are way cheaper than the bridgies

DSC05792_zps444e3f2f.jpg

Dent

DSC05790_zps43e77d71.jpg

I like the 'vulgar' flared guards of the VE
bfe74159-01f2-42ba-aa00-02e94dd067a0_zps6dd778e8.jpg

Cheers for looking.

Marko_SJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 utility
Nice car mate :) Just get the dent popped out and you'll be all sweet!

Lol @ Post count though - this category doesn't have post count included haha

Thanks mate!

Already spoken to a panel beater about the dent. He said that it is probably going to need re-painting.

The quote they gave was good, but decided to leave it for now, as I've got a few projects, work and uni on the go till at least mid next year. :(

RE post count: Haha yeah noticed that in the FAQ after I made my thread. The reason I mentioned it is because my posts have to be approved by mods.

Looks like I'll have to comment on things that don't concern me in the tech sections to get the post count up :rofl2: :hit:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I like that colour. Nice ute mate.