Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Martial Arts & Uniform

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
lol yeah i love that sound too the 'flick' of the sleeves and legs when you do your thing :thumbsup:

geez i forget about that. Worked really well with the heavy material. Not sure how to describe it but one uniform i had was more live canvas than anything - but it was the best one too.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
vlv8vic - Reason I'm asking is because my mate had a pair of ringmaster I think they wer and the stitching started coming off and velcro wasnt good and he said he only had them for 4-5 weeks. I used a pair from the school last night (second hand pair), but the stitching near your fingers was coming off (I don't know how much use they had endured already). But I want something that will last for awhile.

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
geez i forget about that. Worked really well with the heavy material. Not sure how to describe it but one uniform i had was more live canvas than anything - but it was the best one too.

yeah i have the same set for TKD- has a lil pattern in the material and is slightly thicker

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
vlv8vic - Reason I'm asking is because my mate had a pair of ringmaster I think they wer and the stitching started coming off and velcro wasnt good and he said he only had them for 4-5 weeks. I used a pair from the school last night (second hand pair), but the stitching near your fingers was coming off (I don't know how much use they had endured already). But I want something that will last for awhile.

can't remember what mine had on them. Might have be Blitz or something. They're out int eh shed and it's bucketing down so no good looking now. My training mitts are inside but they were only branded with head honchos BJC.

EDIT i recall the stitching being ok but the latex or whatever was on them would eventually wear off or get a bit flaky.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Cuz I don't know much bout glove design. I went to Giri martial arts and spoke to the guy... I had a look at some cheap ones ~$50 Warrior Wraptor... he said they're crap haha. I was like glad I asked. They didnt have the open palm thing.. they were only training ones he said (had less padding aswell). He showed me the Warrior MMA ones ~$79. Seems like a hefty price (I know boxing gloves are more) but still. Too see what happened to my mates, I wanted to get something decent that'll last for $80 (I don't know how much his cost). But the guy showed me that the Warrior MMA had coverings to the foreknuckle or watever you call it and had better stitching than a Punch grappling glove they also had. I can get a set of RDX for $50 or so (ebay). Are they really that different? Or am I just making a fuss over nothing?

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
think mine were only about $50 10 years ago and they were nothing special so that sounds about right.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Avoid boxing gloves is my opinion... they teach to bad technique if you want to be able to defend youself on the street...

Cause they are so big... it's easy to cover up and you get lazy sparring...

The MMA ones look good... i had ones that were similar... got them from REBEL..

Though people use to have a cry that they where fairly hard... to which i would inform them that maybe they should cover up better... :p

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
all i have to say is that ron is gay and should get a v8 :p

Lol Stuart... long time havent seen u on ere for ages! Tink ur a tough boy now cus u got a v8 ... wich isnt tat great haha