Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mass Air Flow Circuit Range- Performance Problem

cyberslam

Reaction score
Members Ride
HOLDEN SEDAN COMMODORE
Drive a 2009 Holden sedan Commodore and recently got the check engine light come up along with the stability control.

Performed an OBD check and got the code "P0101- Powertrain, Mass or volume air flow circuit range/performance problem"

Did a bit of googling and found of the problem cause be the mass air flow sensor so replaced that by buying from here: https://www.amazon.com.au/ACDelco-92232737-Original-Equipment-Sensor/dp/B07DKVFK91

Unfortunately, it didn't resolve the issue and i still get the check engine light and the stability control.

Any idea what else could i possibly look into ?

cyberslam

Reaction score
Members Ride
HOLDEN SEDAN COMMODORE
Anyone here with some ideas ?

mechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
The code is saying that the engine is detecting more or less air than it expects to see, calculated from the prevailing engine speed/load.

Most common reason is an air leak in the intake ducting between the MAF and the engine. Check between the ribs for breakage or a hose fallen off the manifold, or could be a leaking intake manifold gasket - it would have to be a big leak though.
Check your long-term fuel trim. Tell me what the number is. This will tell me more.

I'll try to attach the diagnostic procedure for this code.

mechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
upload_2020-1-23_13-16-28.png

cyberslam

Reaction score
Members Ride
HOLDEN SEDAN COMMODORE
Check between the ribs for breakage or a hose fallen off the manifold, or could be a leaking intake manifold gasket - it would have to be a big leak though.
Check your long-term fuel trim. Tell me what the number is. This will tell me more.

I am afraid you have to tell me how can i check this? a bit of noob here unfortunately...

thanks

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You need some sort of scan/code reader.
A great way to start is a bluetooth obd2 that plugs into the port under the steering wheel. Get from Amazon or eBay.
Then download Torque Pro (from Google Play) or Dash Command (Apple App store).

Now you can access a whole heap of data from your car.

cyberslam

Reaction score
Members Ride
HOLDEN SEDAN COMMODORE
You need some sort of scan/code reader.
A great way to start is a bluetooth obd2 that plugs into the port under the steering wheel. Get from Amazon or eBay.
Then download Torque Pro (from Google Play) or Dash Command (Apple App store).

Now you can access a whole heap of data from your car.

i already have an OBD scanner and have ran the scan via which i have got the code "P0101- Powertrain, Mass or volume air flow circuit range/performance problem". Its alraedy mentioned in my first post...