Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mass air flow sensors ?

cody_(ve/R8)

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve clubsport r8
hey i just want to know if you can get performence ones for v6 ecotec's :D

Don Sutton

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Acclaim
cody_(vy) said:
hey i just want to know if you can get performence ones for v6 ecotec's :D
Wrong end of the horse. You change the computer chip so that fueling and spark are changed dependant on MAF reading (usual method of altering the engine performance). You can fudge the MAF reading by soldering resistors to alter the output as can the engine temp and O2 sensor outputs be altered by this method but you would need some good instrumentation and some time to experiment with the value. Go onto the Autospeed site for further info.

cody_(ve/R8)

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve clubsport r8
yer thats good advice. But can you get performence ones for a v6 ecotec or nah ?

enhancedss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE R8 LS3, VYSS Ute 10.0@146MPH & VYSSTT 525rwkw
there is no point changing the MAF at all, if you modify the MAF the calibrations go out and the fueling is all over the place, and very unstable, and also result in a loss of power normally.

changing temps eg fooling the ecu, changing readings may pick up 1kw, but there is no point doing this as ign retard for IAT, will be affected and hence lose power, and cause detonation.

When your in the performance industry and a tuner, i see many of the cars, try these mods, and i havnt seen a car pick up more thabn 5rwkw, dont always listen to advertisements on the net.

Where u make power in a tune is ignition timing, and fueling matched to suit the engine combo.

I hope this info helps.

The best advise i can give is get a ecu remap, change exhaust system, diff gears is a big difference to the drivability of a car, and a cold air intake.

Cheers