Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Massive overfuelling wont even idle

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Yeah its farked so will be going into the workshop to check the ECU or coolant temp sensor, hopefully wont cost too much. It seems that there is sooo much pressure in the fuel system that it caused the hose after the high pressure pump to spring a leak and the car wont idle and is blowing huge clouds of black smoke. will let ya's know what it is on wednesday.

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
ucwepn said:
Yeah its farked so will be going into the workshop to check the ECU or coolant temp sensor, hopefully wont cost too much. It seems that there is sooo much pressure in the fuel system that it caused the hose after the high pressure pump to spring a leak and the car wont idle and is blowing huge clouds of black smoke. will let ya's know what it is on wednesday.

Check the plug on the amf, sounds just like what happened to my brother when he owned a VL:thumbsup:

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
If the return line is blocked it will set the fuel pressure sky high

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
AFM is working fine, pull the plug out and it runs worse. It could very well be the blocked return line thing, these are things I will get them to check. There is so much fuel going in that the motor can't even burn it.

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
mag said:
Check the plug on the amf, sounds just like what happened to my brother when he owned a VL:thumbsup:

It was worth a try:thumbsup:

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Certainly was Mag cheers for the advice bro :)

sucks being a pedestrian.

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Ok heres the story,

went to mechanics yesterday and got a reco ecu, car ran fine for 10km's then died again, went back today and got a new distributer and she is as good as gold.

Nasty old CAS was the problem lol. Had the mechanics scratching their heads for a while tho LOL

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
ucwepn said:
Ok heres the story,

went to mechanics yesterday and got a reco ecu, car ran fine for 10km's then died again, went back today and got a new distributer and she is as good as gold.

Nasty old CAS was the problem lol. Had the mechanics scratching their heads for a while tho LOL

It just doesn't help that the CAS dies sooo slowwwly and the ECU won't bring up a error code until it's nearly completley dead..:bang:

kezza_4246

Holden Drifter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR CALAIS 3.8i V6
hey ucwepn how much did the nasty piece of $#@ cas set u back i have exactly same problem and only worked it out when the computer brought up the error code

ucwepn

Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Well the mechanic I went to is next door to a wreckers so I got a new 2nd hand distributer for $100 fitted. They didn't charge me labour because I spent sooo much the day before on a reco ecu and the ecu was fine.

If you can't do it yourself find someone who knows all about vl's to do it for ya. don't go to a big name mechanic because it will just cost $$$$ and they couldn't tell their ass from their elbow IMO..

Oh and car is fine now, I have done around 230 km's in 2 days and all is well.