Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

mate got done 36ks over wile on his L'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
I dont see the real problem in doing a burnout unless its in a tight carpark with heaps of cars and people around. Its not like you going to kill yourself. You only cause injury to your car. While doing a burnout your doing about 2km/h. I say speeding is 1000 times more dangeous.

well for one thing youre wearing out your tyres so that when your car is back on the road, youre tyres are less effective. youre purposely damaging a roadworthy requirement of your car, increasing your stopping distance, and reducing the grip you have on the road.

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
GOOD!!! Yes i know we (not me i hear you say.... YES YOU!!) all speed and im not one to point fingers. I got done and i payed the fine and did the time, and have learnt my lesson. Plus my girlfriend got the s**ts driving me everywhere. Hope he learns from it to.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Im speaking from experiance:thumbsup:

35 and over is a loss of 6 points... L's only have 4 afaik ! Do the math !:thumbsup:

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
If you cant see where your going why would you speed off into know where? That would be stupid. wait till the smoke settles. Do you think doing a burnout is more dangeous then speeding?

"wait till the smoke settles"? so i assume you've never held it in 2nd or 3rd to keep it spinning while leaving a static burnout?:driving:

i'm not saying i'm an angel on the roads...........:devil:

but usually to two (speeding and skids) are combined in some form or another.

however, doing a burnout in a car park is just as stupid as doing one in an intersection. 'cause who knows where the next car might come out from. :cops:

all i'm saying is, do it in a competition or on private property. that way you can do whatever the hell you please and it won't really matter.:thumbsup:

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
yep i see what everyone is talking about, and i cant exactly say anything because ive done stupid stuff to (like every body) and im sure 150 in a 80 zone isnt a good idea, exspecially on L's.. and that was in the country with no one around but i never speed in the city or where there are other cars, (accasionally i may go above the speed without noticing because im just cruising, but i correct it) and yeah. now i get worried about going 10 km's over the speed limit now let alone 35 because my sister got a fine for going 3km's over:eek: .... so yeah everyone learns from their mistakes and hopefully he learns before he hurts himself....
and yes dont worry people i know it was stupid and i dont do it any more so i guess ive learnt:)

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Where the hell do L platers find someone irresponsible enough to sit beside you while your doing these things??
Carrying on like a tool while on your L's is nothing to be proud of, i think your mate should resit everything before he's allowed back on the roads again.

flyen

bye bye
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Where the hell do L platers find someone irresponsible enough to sit beside you while your doing these things??
Carrying on like a tool while on your L's is nothing to be proud of, i think your mate should resit everything before he's allowed back on the roads again.

he was on a motorbike by himself, so he had no one sitting besides him..lol

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
I dont see the real problem in doing a burnout unless its in a tight carpark with heaps of cars and people around. Its not like you going to kill yourself. You only cause injury to your car. While doing a burnout your doing about 2km/h. I say speeding is 1000 times more dangeous.

ah yes, you buddy are a twat. 2km/h wheelie? good one, speeding is dangerous, so is doing a burnout. a friend of mine had a mess made of his spine when he was t-boned by another car, how? because some young wanker had lit one up just before they both entered the intersection. he wasnt seen because of a neat little cloud of fun floating across the street. and guess what? the tosser who did the wheelie did it when no one was even close to him. ripple effect pal.

i wish you werent on our roads because an attitude like that makes you a liability to innocent road users.

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
ah yes, you buddy are a twat. 2km/h wheelie? good one, speeding is dangerous, so is doing a burnout. a friend of mine had a mess made of his spine when he was t-boned by another car, how? because some young wanker had lit one up just before they both entered the intersection. he wasnt seen because of a neat little cloud of fun floating across the street. and guess what? the tosser who did the wheelie did it when no one was even close to him. ripple effect pal.

i wish you werent on our roads because an attitude like that makes you a liability to innocent road users.

here here:yeah:

Status
Not open for further replies.