Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

mate got done 36ks over wile on his L'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyen

bye bye
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
my mate got done speeding 36k's over the limit on his L's
he was on his dads motorbike with L's plates displayed

he told me 10min ago and i still cant stop laughing :rofl:

anyone else hear of someone getting done speeding wile on there L's

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
lol i'm on my L's one night coming home from school thought id test the power of mums new lexus and i booted it up a hill now its a 60km/h zone and i reckon i probably hit bout 95km/h, little did i know there was a copper positioned on the other side of the hill. i slammed on the brakes and passed them at about 30km/h lol. nuthing happened, but i tell you what i'm never speeding round that hill again

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
lol i'm on my L's one night coming home from school thought id test the power of mums new lexus and i booted it up a hill now its a 60km/h zone and i reckon i probably hit bout 95km/h, little did i know there was a copper positioned on the other side of the hill. i slammed on the brakes and passed them at about 30km/h lol. nuthing happened, but i tell you what i'm never speeding round that hill again

And your mum was ok with you doing that? wtf.

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
And your mum was ok with you doing that? wtf.

bahahahaha, my dad was encouraging me to
"Hit it" on ambers while i was on my L's now he abuses me at everything i do in my commo, weirdo!

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
my mate got done speeding 36k's over the limit on his L's
he was on his dads motorbike with L's plates displayed

he told me 10min ago and i still cant stop laughing :rofl:

anyone else hear of someone getting done speeding wile on there L's

Getting done for speeding on a motorbike is understandable....thats because your too busy on the lookout for other idiots that are gonna pull out infront or merge into your lane without looking or do that illegal right u-turn infront to be noticing that your speed has creeped up over 10 kms the limit...but 36kms over ??? ha ha ha !

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
What is actually better in a situation like this is not to take the lerner drivers or P-Platers licence away (as long as they haven't been doing anything seriously dangerous), but to put them back to one point with a big fine.

My son got done on his P's and has one point left...he has about a year to go.
Having only one point, he watches his speedo like a hawk and checks his car over regularly for any blown indicator bulbs, headlight bulbs, any little defects. I've told him that all it takes is the wrong cop and a blown light bulb to be a "minor vehicle defect", and there goes that one point.

It certainly makes the person drive a lot more carefully if they know there's such a fine line between driving and walking...:thumbsup:

flyen

bye bye
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
hes not happy because its a $350 fine:bang:
so now he will have to wait a little longer b4 he gets his first car

and he got done by a actual cop not a camera but he said he hasnt got his L's disqualified, YET.

will he loose his L's or just have to stay on them for longer:confused:

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
hes not happy because its a $350 fine:bang:
so now he will have to wait a little longer b4 he gets his first car

and he got done by a actual cop not a camera but he said he hasnt got his L's disqualified, YET.

will he loose his L's or just have to stay on them for longer:confused:

Yep he'll definately loose them and have to resit everything...lol

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
Good riddance, another idiot off our streets.

He'll lose his license for a minimum of 1 year.

The difference between L's and P's is that you actually don't have a license per se. You don't have any points, any infringement and you lose it for some period of time. The demerit points system is not in effect with L's. Depending on the infringement you appear before a magistrate and are at the complete mercy of what they decide... Opposed to the guidelines laid out for other licenses with the demerit system you have a leg to stand on.

L's are treated as if they are a gift, and they have the right to revoke it at any time for any amount of time. P's and beyond are treated as something you've earnt and they need reasonable grounds to revoke it.

A guy I know got done doing a burnout in a carpark and lost his L's for 2 years.

Last edited:

drewins

swear word
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore wagon
As if your dad encourages you to do 30+ kays over the limit. Hes got a lex so im assuming he must have some brains. the only time my old man let me go over was when we were on a country raod and he was positive there were no radars or po po's around. He only let me 100km/h just to get a feel for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.