Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mate's ED turbo Sleeper

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
missed a few updates i've modded manifold now runs a big ass 60mm gate. Got it tuned some more last saturday new power is 400rwkw on 19psi with massive torque convertor slip i think with a tighter convertor/powerglide itd be around 450ish. Some more boost aswell and it'll crack 500rwkw.

Be at All ford day in geelong this weekend come check it out

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Happy days! Is it holding 19psi flat or tapering off?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
from what i remember it looked good there was maybe a 1-2 psi dip where the convertor slips at about 5000rpm. Biggest limiting factor is the intercooler intake temps are getting high but we tried to keep the sleeper look without putting a massive front mount in. Might go a small shot of NOS later to bring temps down.

I think until it gets defected it wont a get big front mount.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Intercoolers aren't just about outside dimensions, depends of end tank design, thickness, T&F or B&P. Why did you go with the unusual design?
Is it running on E85?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Yes i agree bigger isn't always better but in this case it'd probably be worth it. The amount of room in a new ford is huge intercooler wise compared to what this one has.

We chose this one principles of in good endtank design which forces air to use more of the core more rows instead of longer rows means greater cooling efficiency short pipe work and the fact it actually fit behind the bar to an extent. It's rated at supposably 1000hp but when your measuring and judging sizes over the internet its hard to actually realise how small it is. Prefferably we'd keep same design but go larger but in the end it only just fits as it is and needed some trimming of a already chopped up front bar.

I think its not as bad as it sounds i reckon as the tune is on another dyno with a glide it'd make 450rwkw torque is epic in this. It was also about 30+ degrees in the dyno room so on a cold day i reckon it'd go even better another thing was had the number plate blocking it aswell.
Yes it's on e85 timing is still conservative and the e85 is about 3 months old... been sitting in jerry cans since we had gate problems in november.

The real issue is the box and convertor i'd really like to see how a better or different setup would go this one has epic amounts of slip your talking like 5+ secs on dyno before its starts to climb up the rev range again thats just wasted power and slowness been thrown away. Down the quarter it'll be the only thing that stops this car from going fast. I mean your still moving but it's like being stuck at 5000rpm rev limit

In the end as we always said dyno numbers dont mean much we'll see how fast it goes down the quarter.

AT ford forum drags nats we went
11.49 in 2011
10.94 in 2012

I think this year we could very well be in the 9 sec if the box plays nice.

Last edited:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Do you have room for something like the Nizpro designed end tanks?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
haven't looked at them will check it out now. yours is still on 98 i'm guessing? i had a look through your thread and didnt see a mention of e85.

Before we picked cooler i wanted to make the tanks myself and just buy a core but finding one in size and shape we wanted was hard. I think this cooler in the end cost about $500 freighted from america

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yeah still 98 on mine, if bowser E85 was around me it would be on that for sure.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Be at All ford day in geelong this weekend come check it out

you going to be down there too pub, i might be going.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I'll be there i probably go in the the black xr6 kris will have his missus. We will be displaying with boosted falcon club this year. look for me in the Southern Performance shirt and beer in my hand....