Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mate's ED turbo Sleeper

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
That sounds from the turbo is otherworldly and I am loving it, keep showing every one that e-series falcons aren't the laughing stock :beerchug:

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Was out on weekend testing everything out. Pleased to say everything works nothing broke and the car drives straight now.
Also first time using transbrake, 2 step and the new boostleash boost controller.
Have to say Boostleash is by far one of the greatest things any turbo car could ask for. Especially with its built in bump box it took us to the finals in the 8-11 sec class where we can leave on a green cutting .5 reaction times on fullboost which was 13 psi at the time.

No stupid VL sitting there for 10 seconds building boost whilst the other guys already done his quarter.

Managed a best time of 9.43 @ 155mph we ran every pass in the 9's on saturday and sunday (about 15 in all) and ran 10.40 and 10.20 on friday night on 12 and 14 psi of boost how many cars can claim that?

Still alot of issues to sort out most of them minor but a new cooler is the next big mod. Some work on getting the 60 foot down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Here's a video of the boostleash in action up against a solid 9 second na car. shows how to cut a good light in a turbo car

Last edited by a moderator:

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
So in effort to resolve some in issues with the car, we've decided to do some cheap fixes that may sort out issues we have. One of the big issues ATM is high inlet temps this can be caused by many different things and we thought we'd try the simple things first. we're going to eliminate any potential leaks in the system and test the outlet and intake air temperatures the get an idea of how the cooler is working and whether we need to upgrade. I have talked to the manufacturer and they say its rated for 1000hp at 70%. which atmif i break it donw in our actual term its not more like 40% and we're only making 850hp so we'll actually test it properly and see what going on.

Big issue was the 2 piece manifold there is was some signs of leaking and it needed work so i set about fixing it. I set about filling the bolt holes then milling the manifold flat again.

I then worked on the plenum in the CNC mill taking out the huge amount of material that was no longer needed

Not all the process was covered but i chamfer the edge of the base plate so i could get a could weld right down into the join. the next issue was the the big step that exist between the 2 pieces as one if 80mm and the other 100mm so you ended up with a 10mm step. I decided to do a second pass over this outside corner with a freehand weave. it might not look cosmetically the best but it its a double pass 10mm fillet weld that never going to crack or leak and a final machine to remove warpage from manifold
The end result got a bit of polishing left to do to remove the scratches but its good to go