Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mate's ED turbo Sleeper

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Havent updated in a while but went to drags on weekend so i thought i post up results...

First off it made 300 rwkw @19psi on 98 on the dyno we had a few issues number one issue is the cams aren't dialled in properly (was done by the engine builder). Which is why it isnt making the right power for that boost level. Most of the boost is going straight back out the exhaust.

Still went to heathcote on weekend and managed a 10.90 @124mph which is ok and we had a few dramas with a fluid leak from gearbox and cooler piping blowing off. We were hopign to run a 10 sec pass and we acheived that so cant be too upset. Kris has gone on holidays for a bit but motor will getting pulled out and taken back to builder to be fixed and box will be getting a good look at to get leaks sorted then it'll be back on the dyno for E85 tune

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Wondering what was happening after seeing it run a 14!! Didn't get a chance to chat, saw you running around all day. Did Kris bring his whole town? Never seen so many people happy for a car to run a 10, lol.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
LOL yeah didnt see you around either was fair busy didnt get much time to look at other cars racing. Yeah we kept blowing off cooler piping on saturday you'd fix one spot and itll blow somewhere else which is why we just left both headlights out..

Most of the people who were there was his family mum, dad, auntie, uncle and cousin. Then were some mates that came up plus his pit crew and girlfriends so yeah... quite a few people :p i'm sure heathcote wouldn't mind they made a lot of money out of us. Good things about his family they catered the whole weekend for us i was feeling sick with all the food and alcohol i consumed.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
DSCN1937.jpg

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Great pic i like it alot i reckon it looks good with both headlights removed. Throw it up on FF in his thread he'll appreciate it

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
i reakon hes spent more money on male dash fittins than what my cars worth!!

haha love it pubz, you are very talented at what u do and this car is a great example of your skills.

car looks awesome and love the sleeper look. bay looks mako!

ps: that is one serious fuel system set up

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Lol he's spent so much on speedflow fitting we get a 25% discount at norden's now :p I reckon it'd be a 2g's worth on fittings and lines at nordens

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I havent updated in a while. The engine has had the headgasket replaced with a mlsr one cams are re-dailed in and its got a new turbo GT42r. Few other things changed got a billet 80mm TB now and gone to a remote mount power steering resiviour.

New intercooler will be on the way shortly we mocked up what we can fit behind the front bar whilst still retaining the sleeper look hopefully a 1000hp unit from treadstone performance in america will be the ticket. Kris also bought some magnaflow 4 inch mufflers from summit so a new 4 inch exhaust will be getting done.

Engine went back in yesterday

img0882ev.jpg

Here's how real men drive 10 sec turbo cars.... had a bit of a fire at the end due to power steering catching fire
[video]http://tinypic.com/r/mlt3pf/6]View My Video[/video]

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I thought i might put in an update. Kris gave me a design for his Power Steering Remote Resiviour and i knocked one up today.

My first impressions when cutting up material was it was too small but its looks very good in the end. Does has a billet speedflow lid which i didn't take in picture with a polish it'll come up nice

IMG_2932.jpg

These arrived in the mail today, 4 inch straight thru Magnaflows and a dynomax bullet. Went and picked up all the stainless bends and got some 4 inch stainless from Pub. Its going to be a nice looking exhaust when its done, all polished up.

54606710151017572337046.jpg

Also picked up the intake pipe, should polish up nicely its #316 and fits perfectly, which was surprising.

54366610151017674662046.jpg

Also finished putting this smaller fuel setup together for my mates ED XR.

So Im now waiting on a intercooler to arrive and we can do the plumbing and then its good to go until I change something else lol.

37821510151016577242046.jpg

I'm off to polish some stuff up and fit the remote p/s tank that Pub knocked up for me.