Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mate's ED turbo Sleeper

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
would love to Tim i'd be honored to have something i made on that Torana of yours

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Fitted up the remote resi for the power steering that Pub knocked up for me. I had measured it all, I did forget to account for the height of the lid. I got lucky, it fits perfect, connects via -8 line and still sits above the height of the normal resi but lets me have a little bit more room. Now making another one for the other car in the shed, and using a BA pump on a E series to free up room for intake piping. This way we can run a off the shelf 5 inch 90 pipe without cutting and lobstering a bend to clear pump and resi. From the side view you wouldn't think anything fits under the bonnet but there is room, a optical illusion it seems with Boxcar E series. .

img0898mm.jpg

img0899yq.jpg

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Starting on exhaust this friday But first i had to modify the dump pipe flange.

It's a rather large unit that was made to suit 3.5inch pipe. As Kris planned on a 4 inch dump i machined it out to 107mm and tapered the step out on the "hobby" lathe at work.

Some before and after pictures. Not the best jod i've ever done but you work with what tools you got.

IMG_2941.jpg

IMG_2949.jpg

IMG_2947.jpg

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I made some of these pipe clamps today been meaning to knock some up for ages and decided to get around to it. I've made 2, 2.5, 3 and 4 inch version 2 of each.

They'll work great on straight pipe for holding 2 pieces together whilst you tack. I've yet try on a bend might hinge a pair on the back if needed to make them easier to remove

IMG_2950.jpg

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Friday's work its mostly all tacked up a couple little things i wish to change. mainly the rear muffler andtuck a section up a little higher.

All 4 inch stainless v band clamps 2 magnaflow mufflers and a dynamax bullet where cat would go. Be running a screamer this time around.
Going back tomorrow to do some more hopefully have it all welded up by the end of the week

img0906n.jpg

img0911h.jpg

img0909ec.jpg

img0912e.jpg

img0916t.jpg

img0920uq.jpg

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Went for a tune the other week its having boost control problems some reason the gate wasnt opening till 31 psi boost cut was set at 21psi and we stopped till we figure out the problem. The gate was pulled and seem to be working correctly open @ 14 psi so not sure what problem was so it all back together and just waiting to go back for tune.

Still it made 320rwkw @ 4500 rpm without being tuned so it's well up on where it was with cam timing sorted. With a rev limit of 6500rpm it would have went well past 400rwkw so hopefully we can find out whats wrong with the boost problem and get it tuned

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
All fixed going back today for re-tune hopefully we'll have some good news this time. Though we're expecting a lot of converter soak

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
still having same issue it seems. Looks like wastegate isnt bleeding off enough pressure either that or manifold doesnt allow it to bleed off enough. So solution is going to be new 60mm turbosmart gate and re-work manifold to allow wastegate to work better