Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matte or Gloss Black?

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
so... i just bought my VY series 2 S Ute and i want to get it looking okay, lowering and exhaust and stuff will come later but for now i want to paint up those rims... what do you think? matte or gloss black??? need your oppinions....

IMG_1199.jpg

and yes i know its just a screenshot of the carsales pictures.... but it was there so why take new ones? hahaha

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
If you use a glossy tyre shine, then gloss black. If you use one of those solid black shines, matte black. what ever matches your tyres best. Your cars white so either work on that perspective.

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
Post it up on the photoshop thread mate. The boys are good at giving a rough idea of what it'll look like shopped.

I think gloss black though, them stockys are hot

Sent from Tapatalk

ive already done a small photoshop... it looks good, but all im not sure about is gloss or matte...

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you use a glossy tyre shine, then gloss black. If you use one of those solid black shines, matte black. what ever matches your tyres best. Your cars white so either work on that perspective.

cheers man good point

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
Try satin black. Got mine sand blasted and powder coated for $60

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
i had gloss black on my my SS and i think it looked a lot better then matte would