Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matt's Quicksilver VZ SSZ Commodore

lowndes8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Slight update

Bought a couple of things

Wanted to see what a colour coded number plate surround would look like so had a look on gumtree and picked up the below. Was the same colour as my car so worked out well

110j4bb.jpg

Also got a leather console lid for the interior

qqnx5j.jpg

Last edited:

SSZ666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ ute & VZ SS sedan

Dont get mold. SSZ have a bigger badge than a calais and as you can see in the pic overlaps the top half of the badge

SSZ666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ ute & VZ SS sedan
Yeah it pissed me off big time cause i well over paid for the bracket and the mold (knowing that now, at the time didnt) and took for farking ever to sell at a big loss cause every one low balls not realising that the bracket is a hard to find option. Im sure u know Just Commo spares, they sell the strip and bracket individually the pricks.
Calais also have a different grille to an SS and bumper is also different so putting a calais grille on SS wont work either

There is a fella in WA that has a VZ SS ute with a calais front end with the chrome strip and looks **** hot but to change a bumper for a little bit of chrome is really unnecessary imo. Im sure he had his reason thou.

Finally had i just sold my old leather console lid consarn it

lowndes8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Yeah i saw just how much the bracket is on its own. Lucky you told me otherwise would of waisted over $200. Yeah na I like the SS front better than Calais

lowndes8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Before

1zxr2wh.jpg

After

2ijn4ib.jpg

I don't understand how Holden thought the black looked better? How can a part that is stock on base model holden's be better than whats on the ss?

Last edited:

SSZ666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ ute & VZ SS sedan
**** hot
If can get a chrome one, do it lol