Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matt's Quicksilver VZ SSZ Commodore

lowndes8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Benn a while since i did an update

- Finally fitted my Calais black suede door trims
- Fitted steering wheels controls for my JVC headunit
- Fitted Dash Cam

Here is how the car sits at the moment. Had a air con guy come and re gas the the air con as it has not been working for ages. Did the test told me no leaks and it was all good until the next day when i went to use the air con and it was not cold. Called him and he told me it was the compressor. So got a new compressor fitted by my mechanic he did a leak test and well found a leak. The line from the fire wall into the dryer had been cut just near the dryer. There was green dye all on the bottom of the tray.

So thanks to the mobile air con idiot wasted my money on a compressor for nothing. I will be calling him and letting him know this as he should be coming back and re gassing the air con for nothing due to not finding the leak.

Have ordered the new line from Holden and fitting it next weekend.

2cz3fcx.jpg

Last edited:

lowndes8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Put the car back together only to find i had a tiny leak in the radiator so decided to do the following

New Radiator
New Condenser
New Drier
New Radiator Hoses

Then while i was doing all this figured i might as well install a PWR Transmission Cooler

Will get it back together this weekend also cleaned everything i can in the engine so its looking nice and shiny.

lowndes8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
And its done. All back together just need to get the air con re-gassed

Did have to modify the brackets for the trans cooler due to the ramjet intake

2w2ev40.jpg

15nvebs.jpg

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Tidy install!

lowndes8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Small Update

1. I didn't plan to do anymore to the car but i got a VZ Calais Piano Black trim cheap so will be fitting that soon. Bought some spare front air con vents as well that will get painted piano black to match rest of the trim.

2. Also got some number plate protectors as i like the look of them gives it a bit of class. These are the ones i got

Capture.JPG

3. Car just had a full service every fluid changed. Car was given a clean bill of health not one issue with it. Mechanic said one of the cleanest cars he has seen.