Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matts Turbo 6

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Nice work, I like how you've colour coded the piping. Might be something to look into for my upcoming build :p

Thanks mate, after wraping the zorst with heat wrap all the paint turned white.

It seems the 1.06 rear housing on the t70 is a bit big for the poor little v6. So i got the 0.63 housing off my smashed t04/t03 and took it into work to machine the inside to fit the bigger wheel of the t70. I will finish that tomorrow and get it back together tomorrow night.
Matt

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
What was the T3/T4 like in terms of size for the V6? I'm installing a rebuilt VR V6 into my VN, planning on running a turbo on that but not sure which one to use yet. T3/T4 is looking like a good option atm, but if I can find a stock XR6T turbo cheap enough I'll pick up one of those I think.. people say they're just about perfect for the V6 with the 0.82 rear housing. What are your thoughts??

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
What was the T3/T4 like in terms of size for the V6? I'm installing a rebuilt VR V6 into my VN, planning on running a turbo on that but not sure which one to use yet. T3/T4 is looking like a good option atm, but if I can find a stock XR6T turbo cheap enough I'll pick up one of those I think.. people say they're just about perfect for the V6 with the 0.82 rear housing. What are your thoughts??

T70 with 0.82 rear or spend the money and get a garret gt35r with a 1.06 housing.

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
The smaller rear housing is fitted up and working properly, i got it all back together this arvo with about 20mins to spare before heading to the drags. I get out there get all set for racing then go line up, small burnout in first line up and have a good run,bit of wheel spin but it pulls hard all the way to the end. only problem they didnt call my time and i couldn't find the time card. That was my only full run of the night, on the second run i did a bigger burnout in second and blow the cooler piping off, Ran a 15.9 with no boost.
i fixed it and went for a third run, small burnout in first, piping still on. launch hit second and pop goes the pipe again. run a 15.6 with 8psi of boost in first. So the wagons best et 15.6.
Oh well there is aways next time.
Matt

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Eh that sucks man :!) but that's the way it goes at the drags, it's never quite as easy as one would hope, bet you will have more stable cooler piping next time (and more boost if I get around to your tune on the weekend :) )

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
Eh that sucks man :!) but that's the way it goes at the drags, it's never quite as easy as one would hope, bet you will have more stable cooler piping next time (and more boost if I get around to your tune on the weekend :) )

yeah im happy i beat my old best time of 20 seconds to the 1/8 mile(blow the map sensor up). and the cooler piping was the one i made for my old turbo, so it doesn't line up properly. I was the only thing i didn't have time to remake. But i got to make a full run. Would of been good to get a time though.

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
I finished remaking the pipework that keeped blowing off, and have been for a few drives and all seems well. The pipe now goes straight through the guard under the turbo and straight to 3inch. I will go for a drive to the marina in the morning and get some pics of her.
Matt

89berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Berlina
Hey mate,

Thought Ive seen your car around town. I live in Boyne. Good to see someone else from Gladstone area on Justcommodores