Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matt's VY SS: Cammed, Supersports, Leather, Phreddy Dash + much more.

Muscular

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VE SV6 - Optioned
Sick car man! It's so friggen immaculate.
The boot lid will be good aswell man. What kind of daily you have man?

Also, how's the ankle coming along? Hope it is not broken as I shartered my elbow when my push bike brakes failed (85• hill that was 350m long) yeah, did it for a dare, 200$ my way. Lol

Matt02SS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS + VY exec + Vs wagon
Thanks mate, The daily is a black VY executive.. Ankle is coming along nicely. Its not broken, back to work next saturday.. :)

Matt02SS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I wish it was.. Being a shift worker, i work weekends quite often.. 4 days on, 4 days off, wherever those 4 days fall i have to work...

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
I wish it was.. Being a shift worker, i work weekends quite often.. 4 days on, 4 days off, wherever those 4 days fall i have to work...

So glad I got my current FIFO roll,

5 on 2 off then 4 on 3 off. (So essentially I work Monday to Friday, and every second week I have a long weekend)

Matt02SS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride

5 on 2 off then 4 on 3 off. (So essentially I work Monday to Friday, and every second week I have a long weekend)

That roster sound really good, i assume you work nights too? I miss weekends with mates.. I still get weekends, but not like the old days.. :(

Matt02SS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride

Where do you FIFO from?

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Nah I don't work nights either mate.

I recently finished my university degree and work FIFO in and out of Karratha & Dampier from Perth as a... Well I have three job titles but they all mean the same thing.. Chemical Engineer/Process Engineer/Metallurgist.. as apart of Rio Tinto's Graduate Program.

Love not being at uni anymore, but luckily enough there was light at the end of the tunnel..

5-2-4-3 isnt a bad roster, yeah you get to be home nice and often on the weekends, the long weekends are good, but the short (usual length) weekends just arent long enough because you wanna catch up with mate, gotta have stay at home an chill with the Mrs time and then theres time you wanna devote to your car and keeping it clean while the Mrs drives it as a daily back an forth to uni :p

Matt02SS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
ahk, im only an operator, so i work 2 12hr days, and then 2 12hr nights and then 4 off..

I know what u mean about 2 days not being enough.. ive only been doing this job for a year and i couldnt go back to only having 2 days break.. Good money, good roster, good workmates (mostly).. Im happy with my job..

DrZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman "cam only"
Yeah, there are some alright gigs going around for FIFO operators to.. 2weeks on 1week off? Yeah, I know, not as good as an even time roster tho, i like your one, the current operators at my site here, coz its a residential site for operators, is 2 days on, 3 days off 2 nights on 2 days off 3 days on 2 days off 3 nights on 3 days off.... or something like that, its just a complete mess..