Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matt's ZB RS-V wagon long term review

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt
The United E10 is 95 RON.
So does that compatible with ZB 2 litre.
I understand ethanol fuels are available in Europe.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Particularly one with 9 gears and cylinder deactivation......

I seemed to get a bit over 8 litres per 100K (I'd say about 8.2) when I had a 09 SIDI SV6 when travelling from Sydney to Brisbane generally less than 120Km/h but there's plenty of 110 Km/h zones from Sydney to say Kempsey. With the SV6 I'd normally just use 91. In my '09 SS (AFM) on similar trip would be somewhere about 9 litres per 100K (on 95 or 98). 10l doesn't sound good for V6 ZB but don't forget they are AWD so there's going to be a fuel penalty there. I also have a 2008 2.5 4 speed auto Forester and there's not much difference on a trip to the SS. I guess AWD 4 speed auto and the aerodynamics of a house brick do it no favours.

DG355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute 355 + VF Clubby W375 + ZB RSV
I got 7.2L / 100 km's on a 100 km round trip to see the extended family yesterday, with 3 people on board, mostly motorway running but about 25% of that trip was city. I've never seen anything like 10L / 100 km in open road running, not even anywhere remotely close.
I’ll see next trip. As said 10 was from memory. I remember being disappointed but not the exact number. Definable wasn’t in the 7’s or 8’s. Next trip in 6 weeks. (Clubsport up to 11 by time home. A little city driving, 123kph and blowing a gale, not a tail wind)

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
Wagga -Sydney with air con on?

Ironically I did 10.1 from Sydney to Wagga in the hired Mustang last year with the air con on. Getting mileage that low in a 5L V8 surprised me I won't lie, but I was driving like a grandmother, a bright orange Mustang screams "pull me over" to the cops. Getting passed by Landcruisers towing caravans was an eye opener though. o_O

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I seemed to get a bit over 8 litres per 100K (I'd say about 8.2) when I had a 09 SIDI SV6 when travelling from Sydney to Brisbane generally less than 120Km/h but there's plenty of 110 Km/h zones from Sydney to say Kempsey. With the SV6 I'd normally just use 91. In my '09 SS (AFM) on similar trip would be somewhere about 9 litres per 100K (on 95 or 98). 10l doesn't sound good for V6 ZB but don't forget they are AWD so there's going to be a fuel penalty there. I also have a 2008 2.5 4 speed auto Forester and there's not much difference on a trip to the SS. I guess AWD 4 speed auto and the aerodynamics of a house brick do it no favours.
We had a suby, ita 5 speed liberty and that was thirsty too. Awesome on loose surfaces but **** on the highway. The AWD and low gearing means it's thirsty and revs too high so it became painful to drive it more than a couple of hours.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Ironically I did 10.1 from Sydney to Wagga in the hired Mustang last year with the air con on. Getting mileage that low in a 5L V8 surprised me I won't lie, but I was driving like a grandmother, a bright orange Mustang screams "pull me over" to the cops. Getting passed by Landcruisers towing caravans was an eye opener though. o_O
7.0 l/100 km average in my SSV wagon from Canberra to Sydney, periods of 6.5 l/100km. Sitting on 100 to 110 km/hr where allowed. Getting passed by no one. 4 Adults on board, aircon on (middle of January). Total comfort.
Now that's good, especially since I was driving a pushrod engine car with "only" 6 gears.
We will never get this good again in our lives.
Even my old Addy used to do 9.2 l/100km on long runs, although that had been tuned.