Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matt's ZB RS-V wagon long term review

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
Maybe Tuckerbag should contact Barton’s Holden Capalaba Brisbane. They have approx 50 MY19 RS Commodores starting at 23990.

Possibly with a trade in on Tuckerbags VR? VS? Or is it a VN the change over cost might be okay.
I’ll wait 12 months. They’ll still have 50 at 13990. Actually i do have a ex highway VP. Made in Australia mate

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Maybe Tuckerbag should contact Barton’s Holden Capalaba Brisbane. They have approx 50 MY19 RS Commodores starting at 23990.

Possibly with a trade in on Tuckerbags VR? VS? Or is it a VN the change over cost might be okay.

I noticed an ad in Courier Mail on Friday, can't remember the dealer, 3 x ZB's I think an RS wagon, and 2 sedans around $25,990, they were all advertised as used cars, didn't say Kms, what I did notice was that all were 2019 compliance. I presume they would have been 2018 manufactured and the compliance plate is fitted in Oz in 2019.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Just been thinking again about the auto lane keep and for want of a better term 'crash alert' features...

Not overly impressed with auto lane keeping on any car I've actually driven myself:
- Worst ever was a current model (hire car) Corolla where this function rendered the car almost undriveable, constantly tugging at the wheel, and becoming confused if for example an overtaking lane were to run out. Needless to say turned it off.
- ZB not as bad as this, but have done a number of tests involving removing my hands from the wheel (only just removed) to see what it would do, and on at least one in three occasions the system would fail to recognise that the car was changing lanes, or wandering off the road. On the other hand it would also from time to time try to make unnecessary corrections which is quite distracting and tiring. Makes it feel like a worn steering rack and too much negative camber...

I copped some criticism from ZB fanboys when I commented about this useless 'feature'.
And as you mentioned the Corolla, there is Toyota advert which shows a woman swimming aimlessy in a pool, the makes the comment that she has trouble staying in her lane.................. if you are that bad a driver, you should not have a license.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I copped some criticism from ZB fanboys when I commented about this useless 'feature'.
And as you mentioned the Corolla, there is Toyota advert which shows a woman swimming aimlessy in a pool, the makes the comment that she has trouble staying in her lane.................. if you are that bad a driver, you should not have a license.
How can I stay in my lane when I’m on the phone and eating my cereal? This sounds like an excellent feature.

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Hi all.
Was reading back through the thread and wanted to add my input on fuel economy.
A recent trip from Shepparton to the Mornington Peninsula (264 km) with 4 people and gear, almost all highway running at whatever the applicable speed limit was, saw an average of 7.3l/100km.
Struggled a bit with the seat comfort (or lack thereof) though.
Very happy overall, but jeez I miss the Ford Territory seats.

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
Hi all.
Was reading back through the thread and wanted to add my input on fuel economy.
A recent trip from Shepparton to the Mornington Peninsula (264 km) with 4 people and gear, almost all highway running at whatever the applicable speed limit was, saw an average of 7.3l/100km.
Tend to agree with you Steve. Not sure how to pinpoint it but in long drives the seat are so firm it gives you numbness. I cam from a VF which had more armchair comfort seats.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
How can I stay in my lane when I’m on the phone and eating my cereal? This sounds like an excellent feature.
Yep Fu - it's OK to show someone on TV that struggles to stay in a lane, so needs an electronic reminder. But not allowed to watch an ad that hints that a car (or ute) might be able to accelerate well, manouvere and maintain a high speed safely.
Recall the Falcon ad set on Lake Eyre, the Commodore in the driveway weaving around kids toys, amongst others.
It's OK to show cars in ads that have so much electronics that the driver is distracted from the job in hand - i.e. driving safely.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Was just talking with my neighbour about how great it is to drive a car that has so little technology. You become part of the car. It's harder to be distracted. To feel the car through the steering, changing gears yourself, being aware of your surroundings.

I love driving, I love good driving.
I love how on the larger part good road sense can be achieved. I really love driving in the UK because they have excellent road skills and lane discipline. I would guess those who have visited Europe have experienced similar.

I've learnt a lot over the years from this guy.
https://www.youtube.com/user/UltDrivingCraft/videos

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS

Regardless of trim level, every commodore I've owned (every model from VL to VF) has had comfortable seats and been great on long trips. Disappointing to hear that they couldn't even give us that with the ZB.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
How good were VL Calais seats. So good.