Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matt's ZB RS-V wagon long term review

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
There is a service campaign for the fuel sender unit reading erratically. The sender is affected by e10 fuel so they replace them.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Now there has got to be some irony in that? A brand new modern car that can't handle a little bit of ethanol in the tank but then I guess maybe it does make it a Commodore because fuel senders reading wrong has been a bit of a trait in some models.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
but then I guess maybe it does make it a Commodore because fuel senders reading wrong has been a bit of a trait in some models.

If it was a real Commodore, they should be able to just give the dash a whack and it will start workng properly.

Robdre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 RS ZB Commodore 3.6L AWD
If it was a real Commodore, they should be able to just give the dash a whack and it will start workng properly.
My fuel sender unit on my 2018 ZB AWD was replaced under a recall issued by Holden.

Redlinejimmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V Sportswagon
My fuel sender unit on my 2018 ZB AWD was replaced under a recall issued by Holden.
Ok thanks Robdre. Mine is up for a service so I will be requesting a new fuel sender. I did not get a recall notice which is annoying.
I’m guessing Holden won’t be putting their hand up for fixing things following the axing of the brand.

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
It is not a recall. Recalls are only issued for safety related items. The fuel sender is subject to a dealer service campaign so that means it will be replaced if you have a problem with it or when you go in for a service and the dealer is doing their job and looking out for outstanding campaigns they can do to make a few more $ for themselves.

Redlinejimmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V Sportswagon
It is not a recall. Recalls are only issued for safety related items. The fuel sender is subject to a dealer service campaign so that means it will be replaced if you have a problem with it or when you go in for a service and the dealer is doing their job and looking out for outstanding campaigns they can do to make a few more $ for themselves.
Thanks mate! They can have another go at the speedo cluster rattles while they are there...

DG355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute 355 + VF Clubby W375 + ZB RSV
Thanks mate! They can have another go at the speedo cluster rattles while they are there...
Good to know this. Our cluster is also rattling. Knowing others are having the same problem might help to convince them to fix it.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Though it’s not a safety recall, it’s a fault under ACL and the repair of the fault can’t be tied to a vehicle service. So, as long as the owner knows or experiences the fault, and the dealer fixes it when highlighted, then all is good.

But what if this known defect isn’t noticed by the customer? How does the owner know they have a known latent defect with the product they have purchased? How does the owner know to ask for it to be fixed without information as to these latent defects? I’d want my car with all features functioning as intended even though I may not use all features.

I firmly believe that all service campaigns should be freely available with full technical information as to the problem and the fix. This was how recall notices used be, they contain technical information in the older days of FORS. Then the decks were reshuffled and DOTARS and ACCC got involved and everything was dumbed down (with all the old recalls having 6neir technical information stripped from the government systems).

Now that Holden has dumped manufacture and new car sales and is pulling out of the market, it’s even more imperative that us owners have free unfitted access to the technical information from recall notices, service campaign and other relevant information so that we can service our vehicles and keep them on the road...

What I really dislike with service campaigns is that with some issues, like the VF V8 injector issues, it’s a known defect waiting to happen and people can’t get precautionary repairs done to avoid unplanned down time. What’s worse is that GH/H now seems to be taking a shittier approach to such injector failures as I’ve read only the faulty injectors are now being replaced rather than the whole lot... This shittier behaviour will likely spread to other models and faults... Service campaigns should be handled via recall mechanism as far as I’m concerned :rolleyes: