Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matt's ZB RS-V wagon long term review

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I didn't know where to stick this but looks like Opel is making a comeback to New Zealand. Australian will not have such vehicles again.

Perhaps Opel / Stellantis consider NZ to be more like Europe with distances and potential facilities for low emissions / electric vehicles, unlike Aus which is just a big desert with nothing between Woop Woop and Goonoo Goonoo.
Australians will just have to make do with the ever increasing number of Chinese vehicles, and big Yank Tank pick-ups.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Perhaps Opel / Stellantis consider NZ to be more like Europe with distances and potential facilities for low emissions / electric vehicles, unlike Aus which is just a big desert with nothing between Woop Woop and Goonoo Goonoo.
Australians will just have to make do with the ever increasing number of Chinese vehicles, and big Yank Tank pick-ups.
Thanks Scomo! We now are going to get Chinese crap and all of the good cars will be gone!

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Thanks Scomo! We now are going to get Chinese crap and all of the good cars will be gone!

careful you might trigger the murdoch-fairfax indoctrinated boomers :p

this zb insignia is the first opel i have ever owned and so far i cant fault it, it has enough power for a daily and handles like a champion.
if opel was to make more cars like the zb i would consider another in the future.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
this zb insignia is the first opel i have ever owned and so far i cant fault it, it has enough power for a daily and handles like a champion.
if opel was to make more cars like the zb i would consider another in the future.

It seems over here you can have any car you want as long as it's an EV, SUV, hatchback or ute pickup. So even though you get choice it's pretty limited unless you have a six figure budget. None of those new Opels appeal to me at all.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
careful you might trigger the murdoch-fairfax indoctrinated boomers :p

Those Karens can get stuffed!

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
Just a routine update
Has now done 30 kkms and no problems to date other than headlights being a bit weak which I have addressed with LED globes and a big LED light bar behind the grille which I have covered in another thread relating to headlight upgrades
And have received an email about the brake booster reflash - am booked in for this in a few weeks
No access to a mechanic where I was (recently) staying so did the 36 month service myself (so voiding engine warranty...) using Nulon long life synthetic and Ryco filter and also replaced the coolant (Penrite 10 year) after flushing, and brake fluid.
I must be driving more conservatively than I used to since the brakes are hardly worn and the Conti's still have about 50 % tread.

Only downside is I scratched up the rear bumper in a (tight) parking lot so if anyone has a lead on a white RSV wagon bumper I'd appreciate a head up :) If I could find a good one I'd get it freighted to me and fit it myself. Otherwise will just pay a panel shop to fix it properly.

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
Thanks for that Matt. I was wondering how it was going.
Interesting about voiding the engine warranty by doing your own servicing. I wonder how Australia Consumer Law feels about that?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Thanks for that Matt. I was wondering how it was going.
Interesting about voiding the engine warranty by doing your own servicing. I wonder how Australia Consumer Law feels about that?
Pretty much the same with every manufacturer and has been as long as I can remember.

You can get it serviced at any registered/licensed workshop to stay within warranty terms, it doesn't have to be the dealer. But you can't do it yourself.

Would be similar to how you can invalidate your home insurance by doing your own wiring/cabling without the relevant licenses.