Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matt's ZB RS-V wagon long term review

Redlinejimmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V Sportswagon
Second service just done at 18 kkms for $299 which included wheel rotation and brakes bled properly - nice firm pedal. No problems to date :)
Same! 24k service done and new fuel sender now fitted under warranty.. Reads full! Great car love it.

Fredbasset

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais 2.0 DT
That’s very good tyre mileage!! Mine is a V6 and will be lucky to get 30k. The Diesels must be kind on the rubber.
Ok. Got 60k kms with my Conti Sport 5 tyres. Out of the 4 tyres, I had to replace one 12 months ago (with a ContiSport 5 Contisilent) due to kerb damage: this tyre only lasted 32k km. Changing to new Pilot Sport 4 tyres.

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
Ok. Got 60k kms with my Conti Sport 5 tyres. Out of the 4 tyres, I had to replace one 12 months ago (with a ContiSport 5 Contisilent) due to kerb damage: this tyre only lasted 32k km. Changing to new Pilot Sport 4 tyres.
I will be interested in your opinion of the PS4's.
I have a set on my VX Commodore. Initially they were very quiet (the main reason I bought them), but I found unless they were run at 40PSI or above, they had an impact on fuel consumption.
Now, as they are about 40% worn they are as noisy as any cheaper tyre. Deflating them to about 34PSI (R) 38PSI (F) helps but then they have that impact on fuel consumtion - and performance - not handling, performance..
But there's nothing I have ever tried (50+years of motoring) that comes close in cornering! Wet and dry, they are fantastic - even as worn as they are.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
But there's nothing I have ever tried (50+years of motoring) that comes close in cornering! Wet and dry, they are fantastic - even as worn as they are.
Have you ever tried a set of the sportier Pirellis? They corner rather well.

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
Yes, I have, but not on my Commodore. Years ago I had a set (p zeroes?) on my previous car. Yes, they WERE great, and as I remember very quiet.
How are the rest of you ZB owners enjoying your rides?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
How are the rest of you ZB owners enjoying your rides?

mine does 500km to 700km per week as a daily and i am glad i sold my vf and got into the zb, great vehicle, great price.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
I really enjoy driving mine. Did over 1200 km last weekend. Some twisty windy roads aka the Parapara's beween Wanganui and Raetihi. The ZB was made to be driven on these roads.

I usually drive the VY to work as I avoid leaving the new car outside as much as possible. My car is parked outside at work and this usually involves an overnight and a couple of days each I'm at work. The VY is nice to drive, I'd go as far as saying better than the VE (my wife has one and I drive that a bit) but I really look forward to driving the ZB.

Panzer23

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS Liftback 3.6
The ZB does nearly everything right, the 3.6 is a pleasure to drive, the liftback is a good feature.

I have other late model GM/Opel cars as well and have found them very relaxing to drive especially the way the car remembers the cruise control setting from the previous drive. I sound like a future GMSV owner.