Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Matty's 98 VT Acclaim.

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
I'm with Kito on this one.

And definitely different rims. :p

Your sideskirt paint job looks mad bro. I'm maybe on the hunt for some SS or S-type ones though so that my rear bar won't look out of place.

MattyZero

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Clear indicators are on the way from ebay ;) I want to lower my car but I cant afford such an expensive mod atm and as ive said earlier I have to drive the car really long distances so I want to make sure its done right!! New wheels arent really high on the list of things I want to do but we will see.
Anyway rear bar is now done!! I cant wait until I can polish the new paint up! Im really happy with how it turned out.

58ydf.jpg

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
It's a good job mate. So it looks good but how worth it is it? Does it still look like the rough grey plastic surface when you're close up? Does it still feel like the rough grey plastic surface when you touch it? or is it smooth and clean like the rest of the bumpers?

MattyZero

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Unfortunately its still textured plastic, which is why im now on the hunt for an SS body kit. I did sand and prime the surfaces but the texture still came through. Point is it was a good learning experience, looks better than faded black plastic, and has given me some good practice until I can track down the bar and skirts I want.

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
It does look better than faded black... Could have gone all Mighty Car Mods and gone BLAAACK but it's looking better in body colour. Shame it still feels like rubbish :(
Yeah me too +1 for the SS body kit. Good luck finding purple ones but then you've been learning to paint so it could work out.
I'm finding it hard enough to come across white ones which were common

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
Um... Take the benefit of the doubt and go get it checked out pronto.

MattyZero

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Yeah im gonna go get a bunch of studs from supercheap and replace them all, im pretty sure this was caused by overtightening of the nuts by kmart auto the guys I got to do my alignment, never ####ing go to them they are **** one of the nuts fell off on the way home from the alignment and now this!! wankers man. :ranting:

LAP004

lifes-likethat
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp executive
Yeah im gonna go get a bunch of studs from supercheap and replace them all, im pretty sure this was caused by overtightening of the nuts by kmart auto the guys I got to do my alignment, never ####ing go to them they are **** one of the nuts fell off on the way home from the alignment and now this!! wankers man. :ranting:

best off replacing them all if one has snapped. did kmart auto do anything else or just the alignment, cause the alignment doesn't require them to take the wheels off.

BTW car looks sick :spot on: