Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mattys VC Commodore

matty94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual VN Berlina
Yeah sure was a nice pick up. Had a proper look at the engine bay today and i swear some people should stay away form cars. The engine bay has been painted black with cans and everything has been painted from strut tops to wires and then they hit the engine with blue cans.
Had to fix the earth since it was only running to the block and not the body also fixed up a few other wires the car seem to be a bit more alive. Now i just need to find out why i have no red lights in the dash.

machone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHSLE/VXSS/VXEXEC
mate for 400 bucks who cares if some dip has gone sick with the spray pack on the engine bay its a cheap car lol....looks cool

matty94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual VN Berlina
For what i paid im not to worried about the engine bay plus it just another reason to redo it all properly. I wouldnt mind taking the engine out and rebuilding it. Im thinking maybe get one of them Acl rebuild kits of ebay with flat top pistons and just build a nice reliable engine.

Dose anyone know what i would need to convert it to manual steering?
Anyone got any info on what cam to run since its on gas?
And what would be a good carbie to run with the gas?

Might start getting into it tomorrow taking it apart and finding out all the little things that needs fixing.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
yeah those ACL kits will do good

cam wise, i just went onto crow cams and looked for one that said LPG.
Crow Cams
scroll down till u get to the one highlighted in yellow

with ur LPG set up. probably best to talk to a LPG fitter for that

matty94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual VN Berlina
Thanks for the Crow Cams link and yeah i was thinking probably talk to a LPG fitter before starting on the engine as iv never had a gas car before let alone worked on one.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
will probably be your best bet man, i googled gas caby for holden 202s and evey forum i looked at said 'impco' but i just thought that was the LPG fitter

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
forget the carby just run straight gas using a VK injected manifold with a gas research throttle body , high comp engine 11.5 . 1 , extractors and 3" exhaust

matty94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual VN Berlina
Gas research was another thing i was thinking about. Why a 3" exhaust? sounds a bit big for a 202.