Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

..::MattYs VH SL/E 5.0LT::..

matty93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive v6 and vh sle

matty93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motor turned out a treat, sounds and runs a bit better now!

Took it to it's first show on Sunday aswell!

My mates stroker vh and mine together.

AndrewC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX
Hey mate fu**in nice car buddy. I have a Vh slx 4.2 in morning blue totally original and love her! Can I suggest if your going to keep the mudflaps on your baby which I think look nice, try and get the original GM ones for the rear. They are rare as hens teeth, took me many months going to wreckers searching but finally found them as they go on ebay for extremely high dollars :( have you thought about putting the genuine over riders on her? Mate, congrats on your rare find....Cheers Andrew

matty93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey mate fu**in nice car buddy. I have a Vh slx 4.2 in morning blue totally original and love her! Can I suggest if your going to keep the mudflaps on your baby which I think look nice, try and get the original GM ones for the rear. They are rare as hens teeth, took me many months going to wreckers searching but finally found them as they go on ebay for extremely high dollars :( have you thought about putting the genuine over riders on her? Mate, congrats on your rare find....Cheers Andrew

Hey buddy! Thanks heaps!
Sounds like you've got a nice ride there yourself! Yeah a very good friend of mine has a pair of good rear original GM mudflaps for the rear, So im set for that shortly!

This vh wasn't optioned with the over riders so im going to leave it that way, But personally ive never really liked them unless its something like a vc brock that have them :)

AndrewC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX
Yeah I guess they are not for everyone. With the series two rims and Venetian your baby will look schmik ;) if you can try and source the original vic plates....good luck buddy. Andrew

matty93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I guess they are not for everyone. With the series two rims and Venetian your baby will look schmik ;) if you can try and source the original vic plates....good luck buddy. Andrew

Thanks mate!
Yeah i can actually get and re-register the plates it came with back in 82'!! But no point now.. Iv'e joined a club and club rego plates wont be far away now!

matty93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pulled the vh out today for a bit of a run and to keep the battery happy. Gave it a quick clean and ready to give it it's first polish :)

Also stripped back the white venitians and painted them satin black

Slowly slowly getting things done! :D

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
very nice mate, if I couldn't have found a SS, my next choice was a blue/silver SL/E.
Nice to see such a good example of an unmolested SL/E and a 5oh at that! Awesome cruiser. Whatever you do, don't change the front turn indicators to clear VK ones....
Does the A/C work ?

matty93

Reaction score
Members Ride
very nice mate, if I couldn't have found a SS, my next choice was a blue/silver SL/E.
Nice to see such a good example of an unmolested SL/E and a 5oh at that! Awesome cruiser. Whatever you do, don't change the front turn indicators to clear VK ones....
Does the A/C work ?

Thanks Darren!
Haha no there staying orange thats for sure! :)

Yep! even the a/c works no worries! Only need to do a heater core, and fix up a few tiny bits and she's set!

AndrewC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX
Nice work Matty, geeeesh the paintwork looks stunning already! My Vh slx is morning blue and faded a little over the top so I'm trying to source a good detailer that will give her a good hand polish. Totally agree with Darren, keep those indicator lenses on. Looking forward to more pics with the Venetian and genuine GM rear mudflaps. Cheers Andrew