Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MattYs VH SL/E commodore Project

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
looking good mate , good to see more updates on the project

Project_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Dat blue interior :cool:

matty93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive v6 and vh sle
looking good mate , good to see more updates on the project

Cheers bud! It's all going to start happening now, Hoping to have it painted around Mid December now, So the race is on to get her stripped!

matty93

Reaction score
Members Ride

matty93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok so last night i spent a while inside the Left front guard degreasing, scrubbing and wire brushing the inner guard so i can spray the sound deader and paint it. Still yet to take the guard's off to get the last lil bit's up top and still need to get under the car and get all that clean too.

& here is the other front inner guard...

I also fitted up a set of gas bonnet strut's in the old girl just give it that lil extra modern touch ;)

Now that the new bonnet is all setup and the strut's are fitted, it can all come off, guards can come off and progress can continue :)

More to come shortly!

matty93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing to exciting, But had some motivation today to get the dash out and a couple other bit's.

About to take the front guard's off start prep work on the bay and front end, Fix up the wiring inside the car/dash area, remove the glass and pull the rear end apart. All happening now!

matty93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got stuck into the vh a bit today.

Repaired all the dodgy wiring under the dash, removed the very out dated and useless alarm system ( Will option for something later on ) Fixed the interior wiring from the front door's of the car, then just neatened everything up and loom taped everything back to normal :)

Only have to remove the roof lining, carpet and glass from the mid section of the car.

Also got the guard's off and started scraping all the dirt off, once thats done, the prep work will happen up the front end while i work on getting the rear section of the car apart :)

matty93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Havnt got a great deal done. The front inner guards where cleaned spotless and are now painted, Same gos for the rails under the car up to about the middle section under the car :)

Hopefully the engine bay will be sanded completely tomorrow!

I also had a change of heart today and had an offer i couldn't refuse! I got myself a blue 308 5lt for the vh! So no more 253 :)

matty93

Reaction score
Members Ride
Here is a little update, Moving close to bodywork and paint!

Had to push her out to turn her around, so she got to see a lil sunlight for a change!

Guards, bonnet and boot are back on for the time being..

All the doors are off, sunroof ready to come out soon and just a few small bits left!.

Also got a full 2.5inch exhaust and pacemakers to suit the vh :)

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Shes looking good slowly getting there. Thats what i want to be able to do with a car strip it out the engine bay the lot and paint it and do stuff myself but i just don't have the room or anything to be able to do it in my shed. grhh. Good to see your having fun and getting stuff done though :)

Nice to see tomato sauce next to your VHT paint haha.

What colour are you re painting it? Silver again with all the factory bits or are you changing some things on it??