Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Max rim size on vys2 acclaim

Mrkane

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYS2 Acclaim
Hey guys,

I am new to this forum so sorry if this has already been posted, just figuring it all out. I have a 2003 vys2 acclaim.

I recently bought a set of 19' rims with tyres and I was wondering whether or not these would be legal on my car? I live in perth, wa.
They are ssw rims.

Thanks in advance.

Pie-VK

That guy.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Series I VY SS Ute 5.7/M6
I know here in QLD you're only allowed 2 inches bigger than the stock, but don't quote me on that.

I'm running 20's with low profiles on my VY storm and I haven't had any major law troubles with them on.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Wow 2nd post and it's about the fabled 2 inch law. It's based on rolling diameter in most places. A quick search of the transport website gives you all the answers you need.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
you will be fine mate, i had 20's on my vy ss and got pulled over for an rbt and the cops checked the wheels and tyres and said they were fine.
just have to make sure the tyre load rating is the same or better than what the tyre placard says on the door.
also did the tyres come straight from a ve because they usually have to be changed when going to a non ve car.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
you will be fine mate, i had 20's on my vy ss and got pulled over for an rbt and the cops checked the wheels and tyres and said they were fine.
just have to make sure the tyre load rating is the same or better than what the tyre placard says on the door.
also did the tyres come straight from a ve because they usually have to be changed when going to a non ve car.

This is correct... as long as your load rating is correct (harder then youd think with 20's) i wouldnt worry so much about the size. I have had 20's on my VX for 3 years now and no issues, the 5-0 have only really been worried about load ratings.