Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Max wheel size VT !??

I8.A4.RE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY LS1 - LANCER MY10 - VE UTE
I noticed but he did ask.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
No its 2 inches bigger than the largest wheel stated on your tyre placard. So for instance on my VN I have a 14" wheel listed and a 15" wheel listed as 15 was standard on S and SS, optional on others.

Whilst my car came from factory with 14", as it says 15" on the tyre placard as well I can legally go to 17".

HSV's such as the group A had 17's, but that doesnt mean I can go to 19" as HSV's have their own tyre placard.

Also changing your tyre placard doesnt make a difference. The police still check a book for the wheel sizes anyway, so dont think you can get a VZ placard and stick it on a VL or something, as it is also an extra fine for changing the placard.

Doesn't matter now SA laws have now changed

I have a VT with 20inch Mags on , cops drove by looked at it and moved on , i think personally its too low

well at least you used the search TOOL I doubt the theard owner will reply tho

I reckon you could fit 22" no probs

22 inch wheels WILL hit the strut mate and even with coil overs fitted I think you'll find you'd need to pump the gaurds to get it to sit right

I8.A4.RE

Reaction score
Members Ride
22 inch wheels WILL hit the strut mate and even with coil overs fitted I think you'll find you'd need to pump the gaurds to get it to sit right

I was just taking the piss mate. I've seen 22" fitted to a VZ. How he did it? IDK. But why would you?

on_d_tox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS spac S2
here in S.A we can go watever size now as long at the load rating is not lower than wat is needed? so i could put 19-20s on my vs aslong as the load rating on the tyre is no lower

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
your allowed to go 15mm larger then the maximum overall diameter on the tyre placard generally 245/30R20s is the max and 225/35R20s are illegal

contact your local tyre shop or ring vehicle standards

on_d_tox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS spac S2
the laws have changed alot since i was a tyre fitter lol

I8.A4.RE

Reaction score
Members Ride
generally 245/30R20s is the max and 225/35R20s are illegal

Who would go the 225/35 over the 245/30 even if they were both legal? I'm confused slightly.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
225/35/20 are legal. They now come in the correct load rating for commodores VT-VZ.