Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MAY MADNESS SALE!!

MACE

Reaction score
Free delivery Aus wide for the month of May!
Use the code in the pic below at the check out to get your free delivery on your orders for this month.

59051898_10158368705048032_8439763925238546432_n.png

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hey Mace any chance of you guys offering free freight this month, like you did a couple of years ago, leading up to EOFY?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Even a discount on freight Steve, if you can do one?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Is MACE still run by the same people or have they gone into partnership with someone else ?
No idea. I have found they are selling some gear that's of not a high standard. This never used to be the case AFAIK, as I always got quality gear from them a few years ago. TBH it has turned me off a bit, I was told something a coupe of weeks ago by their sales person, that was either BS or the person had no clue, I hope it was the latter, but she tried arguing the point with me........ However, I contacted their supplier and found out she was wrong. I sent them an email expressing my concerns but never heard back.... It now makes me weary in case I end up with something inferior to what I used to expect..... Shame, because I used to get excellent service a few years ago, and the one time they stuffed up they provided me with a stack of goodwill and I wasn't pushing it, the bloke I dealt with at the time I think it was Steve, and he was awesome.

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
No idea. I have found they are selling some gear that's of not a high standard. This never used to be the case AFAIK, as I always got quality gear from them a few years ago. TBH it has turned me off a bit, I was told something a coupe of weeks ago by their sales person, that was either BS or the person had no clue, I hope it was the latter, but she tried arguing the point with me........ However, I contacted their supplier and found out she was wrong. I sent them an email expressing my concerns but never heard back.... It now makes me weary in case I end up with something inferior to what I used to expect..... Shame, because I used to get excellent service a few years ago, and the one time they stuffed up they provided me with a stack of goodwill and I wasn't pushing it, the bloke I dealt with at the time I think it was Steve, and he was awesome.
Yes Steve was excellent to deal with and pretty sure he was the owner, founder, developer. Naturally there would of been a down turn in the older Commodore market and makes me wonder if they sold up or went into partnership etc. Hasn't been any new developments and parts market would have been affected as well by car companies closing, CV19 and word economy collapsing. Hard time to be a business and hopefully companies like MACE stick around.

You don't have to answer but did you buy a Camshaft ? I know Comp Cams closed down recently so would be interesting to know where MACE are getting their camshafts from now.

There is a good market still as Commodore wreckers are low in stock for older models, especially around sensors so someone has to make them hopefully. Not like the old cars where they could just be fabricated. ZZP in the states is the next best thing..........

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've bought 1.9 Mace Buick rockers, various gaskets and a CAI. All this was when I was dealing with Steve.
That was a few years ago now. But last interaction wasn't great, which made me buy parts elsewhere. To be told country of origin was Australia, when there is no such manufacturing of these in Australia and try to tell me I was wrong when I said it was Korean. The rep argued with me, until I said I have been I contact with their supplier who told me where it comes from. I complained but never got a reply. So they have lost me as a customer, unfortunately.