Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Maybe more money than sense.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Im guessing here but half you guys getting stuck into the OP for his spending choice, about ninety percent of you couldnt afford those engine covers? If thats what someone wants for their car and can afford them then good on him...

Ok - ya got me. I never owned the car in my avatar. It was just given to me to drive since new for 3 or 4 years. But anyway getting back on topic - yep, whole heartedly agree - completely and utterly more money than sense.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Im guessing here but half you guys getting stuck into the OP for his spending choice, about ninety percent of you couldnt afford those engine covers? If thats what someone wants for their car and can afford them then good on him...

12524260_677894709020200_3093234610008479364_n.jpg

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Just ignore the hecklers and stick around Revster. It's great to see blokes like you driving nicely customised / pesonalised VF's who are happy to throw a few dollars at them and proud to show them off. Like anything worthwhile, you've got to take the good with the bad.
I reckon a set of those in Regal Peacock would look sick in my engine bay!

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
Give the bloke a break! They look bloody good IMO. It's not all about power. You all spend far more money dressing cars up with wheels, mirror covers, front spoiler protection blahdy blah. Much of which is for aesthetics only. So why not dress up the bay too? People buy this stuff. Or it wouldn't be available. How many of you bought chrome or alloy rocker covers, air cleaners, braided lines etc back in the day?
Some of you high and mighty keyboard warriors need to stop, think and climb down off your pedestal before taking the p!ss out of people to make yourselves feel good.

Hear Hear Cuda well said.

Quite sure if you asked the average motorist (who more than likely drives a 4 cylinder petrol saver), would say every single one of us "enthusiast" (includes keyboard warriors) has more money than sense. So it's quite realitive really.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
pretty sure there Aluminum hence the cost

Oh, I thought for the price they must be injection moulded plastic.

If they are aluminium, do they retain heat?

I see the fibreglass split LS engine covers are all over ebay and sell for around $160.

ls engine covers | eBay

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Oh, I thought for the price they must be injection moulded plastic.

If they are aluminium, do they retain heat?

I see the fibreglass split LS engine covers are all over ebay and sell for around $160.

ls engine covers | eBay

I thought the same, would cast aluminium retain heat. But no engine cover lets the heat onto the bonnet and you'll (eventually) get damaged paint.

I have the eBay ones. Fit fine but have clearence issue in the heater hoses. I'm just going to cut a notch in mine one day