Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mazda 6 Headlights - What Globes?

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
I have seen someone rock up at training to pick their kid/s up as I'm starting training, and I've notived how bright and blue their headlights are. They drive a Mazda 6. What sort of globes are in these? Their lights are amazing. Do they have HID or some sort of globe? Any chance of getting the same globe? (well equivalent for a commodore anyway)

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
They are HIDs and you can buy a conversion kit on ebay for cheap, however the cheap conversions are illegal for road use. To convert them legally costs a hell of a lot more. Still, so long as you point them down so they don't blind people you'd be very unlucky to get done for it. Or you could just convert your high beams to hid, probably still illegal but dim them when ever you need to and you won't have a problem.

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
They are HIDs and you can buy a conversion kit on ebay for cheap, however the cheap conversions are illegal for road use. To convert them legally costs a hell of a lot more. Still, so long as you point them down so they don't blind people you'd be very unlucky to get done for it. Or you could just convert your high beams to hid, probably still illegal but dim them when ever you need to and you won't have a problem.

lol them normal globe lights are bright too....
forgot there name its like artic blue or something.