Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MCAI Part Numbers and How-to

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
I am having great trouble trying to get the shroud in its place, like that air conditioner line is in the way, is there any trick, I have been trying for the last hour and a half.

Thanks,

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Well, I was going fine even took pictures of how I did the two mod as I did it a bit different to normal, but just about all back together, probably 10mins from starting the engine, I went to plug in the IAC connecter, and damn. Now I have to cut some slots in the MCAI shrould which probably defeats of its purpose there in the first place. The connector is hard up against the shroud :(

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Okay, I have done it, and I agree best $30 spent. It has better pickup, but not only that, you can hear the intake roar when you give her a bootful.
I took pictures of what I did, so when I get some time, I will post mine up here.
But in the process, I didn't end up using the pipe joiner that came from Holden, I just used the sealer foam and the shroud, The Big hole on the left hand side of the air box if you are facing the engine, was a good fit into shroud, with the foam around it, sealed nicely. Then I cut up the air conditioner "charge" pipe, used the straight section of that pipe for my second hole. Looks a treat. Then I have to cut a slot for the conduit to fit down into, to allow the connector for the IAC valve to go through, drilled a 32mm hole for the IAC sensor to fit through the shroud. It was worth the hassle though, I will post pics later on.

wilko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5L Manual Wgn
Hi all, great thread, do u know if this will go straight into my 5L series 1 VT wagon...i was going to buy the bits you recommended plus an hsv airbox? I have got Monaro lights in there if that makes any difference..they seemed to be a tighter fit than the originals with less room behind them.

Cheers

wilko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5L Manual Wgn
Actually having read a bit more and called Holden I think I need to get the parts listed at the beginning plus a monaro airbox($94) . Same question tho..do you know if this combination will fit straight into my VT series 1 5L?

Many thx

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
For a vz with the resevoir for the radiator right in the way I think you need this hsv part ...you retain the elbow still and the other bit pushes up against the body..it costs more but if any coolant leaks out it doesnt fill up the airbox but its a hsv item so you need the numbers from one to order it.The second hole actually goes right around the corner if you look hard

Attachments

• hsv airbox.jpg
    hsv airbox.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,406

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Okay, I have done it, and I agree best $30 spent. It has better pickup, but not only that, you can hear the intake roar when you give her a bootful...

I finally got round to doing the two-hole mod on my VY yesterday. You're not wrong about the intake roar! But the best bit is she feels more responsive now - stoked!! :dance:

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
For a vz with the resevoir for the radiator right in the way I think you need this hsv part ...you retain the elbow still and the other bit pushes up against the body..it costs more but if any coolant leaks out it doesnt fill up the airbox but its a hsv item so you need the numbers from one to order it.The second hole actually goes right around the corner if you look hard
Just got rid of the sv6 and got a STING RED VZ CLUBSPORT LS2 all i can say is should have done it ages ago anyway i purchased on of these lower airbox sections from NVU for $40 and i had it on the sv6 with a BMC hi-flow panel filter and it freed the revs' up and roared allright.I took the parts of and put them on the LS2 CLUBBIE and wow thing got some go in it,feels like auto has been shift-kitted really throws you back in the auto,and gives a deeper note to the REMUS cat-back exhaust on the clubbie.:dance:

DruiD

Black is the new RED!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Phantom VF Calais-V
confused...

pop airbox Bottom in ( might need some Sqeezing and so on ) once in your all Done.

please note yes i know this is very scratchy but my camera broke so i had to use other peoples pic's ( thus the two colour cars ) :eek:

any questions kids ?

Am i right in assuming in this picture the 2nd hole hasnt yet been cut through the shroud? it seems blocked off?

Sorry - trying to work out how to do this for my VZ - SV6 -as there doesnt seem to be a lot of info about using the different HSV airbox (as listed above by someone) and the other bits and pieces. Almost seems too hard ? Should I just get a bolt on OTRCAI or SS Inductions Growler kit?

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
Oh please!! Too much hard work!! Go to Autobarn and buy the Autotechnica Polished Alloy pipe unit with pod filter and box for $300. Take 30mins to fit and increases torque no end!! No good upgrading the airbox if you don't take out the maf pipe that restricts it again!! If you haven't noticed, the oval ribbed unit Holden fitted to these things suck inwards under heavy throttle. The Aluminium pipe can't do that, therefor eyou get better airflow, this equates to more torque! Oh, by the way, it also gives you the hottest induction roar you'll ever hear!! ;)