Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

... me likee new site format

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
any chance we can get some dark themes now?

Are we even allowed to do that these days? The world has gone mad and probably find something wrong with it then we'll get protesters out of the front of the host for permitting such acts on the internet :p

Must say hadn't even hit the radar about a different theme.

As a side note I hope permissions are sorted to the chat for those that should be able to access it if not flick me something through and I'll take a look.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
As a forum admin else where, I can certainly say to be cautious with forum themes and skins.
Any changes we made resulted in a flood of whinging because changes. We did a dark theme which was much easier on the eyes, = complaints. Change the styles, =complaints.

I'd take the gold on the ones so far and leave it.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
At the end of the day it comes down to double the admin but I'll put it forward and see what the pricing comes back with.

I am actually quite surprised to say the least, I don't think in the history of JC changes has an upgrade been so well received and positive remarks - you can have your cake and eat it too :D

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
At the end of the day it comes down to double the admin but I'll put it forward and see what the pricing comes back with.

I am actually quite surprised to say the least, I don't think in the history of JC changes has an upgrade been so well received and positive remarks - you can have your cake and eat it too :D

Speaking of admin what ever happend to Air Strike?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Oh well I'll hopefully but knowing full well it aint going to happen put my hand up as a replacement..... lol I hope the humor is not lost.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
As a forum admin else where, I can certainly say to be cautious with forum themes and skins.
Any changes we made resulted in a flood of whinging because changes. We did a dark theme which was much easier on the eyes, = complaints. Change the styles, =complaints.

I'd take the gold on the ones so far and leave it.

you have misunderstood, you offer different themes and the user selects one.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Was only looking at that recently after the site being attacked.

Minux, Julie and AirStrike just disappeared, AirStrike hadn't been on since Feb last year.
Met Airstrike at a jc meet some years ago strange bloke. Let's just say he wasn't as much of a "mouth" in person as he was hiding behind a keyboard.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R

as an admin mod on another car forum, I too would be happy with the change rolled out!
As I started this thread, and have bombed around looking at other member's posts
since, I still am of the opinion it was a positive step

Also...
as an oldie (my mates call me yoda.. ya know? no hair big ears maybe wise ;) )
who had a golliwog ( am I allowed to say that? :eek: ) when a bub, had to read 'Tom
Sawyer' and 'Gone with the Wind' at school, and as someone who abhors the Chrome
browsers dark scheme ( I now use FF in preference) as well as the MS OFFICE dark scheme
(it is actually unreadable imo) I prefer not to have a dark scheme ... thanks

Last edited:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
as a mod on another car forum, I too would be happy with the change rolled out!
As I started this thread, and have bombed around looking at other member's posts
since, I still am of the opinion it was a positive step

Also...
as an oldie (my mates call me yoda.. ya know? no hair big ears maybe wise ;) )
who had a golliwog ( am I allowed to say that? :eek: ) when a bub, had to read 'Tom
Sawyer' and 'Gone with the Wind' at school, and as someone who abhors the Chrome
browsers dark scheme ( I now use FF in preference) as well as the MS OFFICE dark scheme
(it is actually unreadable imo) I prefer not to have a dark scheme ... thanks

themes in Xen are optional for the end user and offered by the site.

They are called "Styles". Even the old vBulletin had this feature.

For reference this is another forum I am a member of. Users can switch on the fly from a "Style Chooser" option at the bottom of the forum page in a very similar way to how vBulletin worked.

default style

1594851110155.png

alternate

1594851146416.png

Dark

1594851183287.png

Last edited: