Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

mechanic apprenticeship

helrzr925

Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed vr wagon 3.8L
well i recently started a mechanics apprentiship with zupps and on my first day i had to do a full service on a vz maloo, and had to install upgraded speakers on a vx ss :w00t:
so as far as apprentiships go that is about as close as you'll get to performance

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
beware of group train organisations some are more trouble than their worth if you can get a job outside of a group training organisation youd be much better off

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
depends, in melbourne group training companies such as megt(who i did my automotive apprenticeship through) and vacc are very good, even apprenticeships victoria are good, with out a pre apprenticeship places such as holden wont touch you which i found out and you have to go through vacc to go with them who you do a pre apprenticeship with first and when you start your actual apprenticeship they give you a set of tools to start with, plus if you have any problems with your host employer you can go straight to you group training organisation and they will help sort out any problems. and will be more secuire at the moment for pay with the current financial crisis.

i didn't have a pre apprenticship but on my first day the host employer (melbourne city land rover) put me with a qualified mechanic and had me working straight away which was the best way to start, alot better than cleaning floors and tools, etc and you learn alot quicker and can help make you a better tech, the place i moved to after i finished my apprenticeship had there apprentices cleaning and driving customers alot and by the time they were nearly finished they had hardly touched the tools and only just getting over the basics a year after finishing there apprenticeships, i have since moved on from this place though to a better workshop.