Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mechanic recommendation

super6vt1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII L67 Calais A4
Hey guys getting a knocking noise from the back that comes and goes for the last Few days its back and I think it's staying now, pin pointed it to the diff, end of the tail shaft/ rubber joint to the diff, it's a auto vz sv6,

Anyway need a recommendation to a mechanic in western suburbs who can hoist it up tell me what it is, etc. hoping its the diff if so ill just buy a lsd 2.87 diff as mines a single pegger.

Also how much to mechs charge an hour for labour ?

Cheers

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
Can't help with the mechanic situation, but I can advise that changing diff oil can help a lot of diff clunking problems. Would be a good cheap place to start if it hasn't been done for a while, easy to do yourself. Otherwise you might be looking at a tail shaft centre bearing if there is excess movement in the tail shaft. Or some badly worn bushes if it is suspension related rather than driveline.

super6vt1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII L67 Calais A4
Found out its the part in the middle of the tail shaft, the owner at the local Midas who is really friendly hoisted up my car and had a look let me know its not the diff and the cars drive able, looked everywhere pin pointed it to the middle of the tail shaft he said its fine but it might be a bit dry and worn in the centre making noise, after he moved it around I drove off with no noise coming from it! He said if I want to fix it it's a $30 part and an hours labour

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike